Solten are translation and interpreting specialists. A company currently experiencing strong international growth: with agencies currently in Prague, Germany, France, UK and USA. We have representatives in more than 30 countries, giving us a top ranking among the most prestigious international agencies in Europe.
We are opening a position in Prague for:
Business Development (Internship)
(native English speaker)
An excellent opportunity to drive and take ownership of sales within a fast growing SME. The role will allow the candidate to be involved at the early stages of the business, having a real impact on overall sales, which will be integral to the growth of the business. The role involves direct interaction with customers (including telephone and email communication) and carries a high degree of responsibility as it involves becoming the face of Solten.
The role is suitable for someone with a real passion for sales and who is eager to learn about different areas of business. We're still young, which means plenty of opportunity to grow your skill set as the business grows!
Sales and Marketing
• Developing, with our Business Development Manager, strategies to obtain new customers within the UK and Ireland,
• Directly prospecting potential UK customers on the phone to propose our services,
• Negotiating projects and contracts both internally and externally.
• Identifying and pursuing new sales opportunities via email and phone.
• Conducting sales pitches and presentations to sell our language services.
• Opportunity to create your own leads and deal directly with established businesses.
• Maintaining a strong relationship with potential client base and offering continued support and service as and when required.
• Meeting pre-defined sales targets.
• Actively working with social media sites to source and build market potential
• Ad-hoc sales marketing, PR and other activities.
We are looking for candidates with a strong personality, a passion for sales success, with a lot of imagination and unlimited motivation.
English as a native language; this is an absolute requirement (please do not apply if English is not your native language), another European language is a bonus but not necessary.
• Internship in Prague, Czech Republic, start date according to your availability,
• Internship compensation (monthly payments),
• Flexible working hours,
• A young, dynamic and international working environment,
• Great career opportunities for motivated personalities,
• An office location just 20 metres from metro (tube) stop Flora, in the centre of Prague
6 – 12 months
Higher education - subject can be flexible.
• Sales Experience - preferred, but not essential
• Imaginative but honest and with a passion for success
• Able to work daily and at length on the telephone
• Ability to quickly build product knowledge - we will provide the necessary training on the services we offer. However, the candidate needs to be a quick learner and able to show confident product knowledge to customers.
• PC literate.
• Strong communication skills