Assistant Soft Services Manager
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Soft Services Manager to assist the Hotel Services Department in the delivery of food preparation and meal service and the provision of a domestic cleaning service on site at the prestigious Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton.
Youll work as part of a team ensuring high standards of cleaning services, customer satisfaction and contract retention. Youll comply with Sodexo procedures, health and safety and all legislative requirements, maximising customer satisfaction and helping to maintain a good working relationship with the site client representatives and customers.
It is essential that you have a pro-active attitude and can be flexible in relation to duties and working hours. This job also requires someone who can demonstrate strong organisational and planning skills and have the ability to priorities and manage time effectively
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, and retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
· Focus on performance in terms of standards of Food hygiene, Health and Safety and cleanliness
· Liaise regularly with Heads of Departments, Trust Managers and Ward Sisters, Matrons and all other service users
· Manage and direct Supervisors on a daily basis
· Regular review work schedules and monitor cleaning activities
· Carry out risk assessments and safe systems of work periodically or as and when required
· Manage the preparation and opening of new builds and refurbished areas prior to areas becoming operational
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying ;for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
The Ideal Candidate
· Experience in managing a team in a similar working environment
· Recognised Health & Safety qualification (IOSH Health and Safety)
· Experience of managing budgets
· Good communication and customer care skills
· Computer literate
· Ability to develop increasing individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
37.5 hours per week - Shift pattern is Friday to Tuesday for operational cover over the weekends