People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
• Performs due diligence on prospective and existing clients
• Provides analyses of each client’s strategy, portfolio, trading patterns
• Ensures relevance of Risk framework by engaging in on-going discussions with clients regarding their activity
First level of monitoring
• Ensures first level monitoring on official limits (Net-CVaR, Debtor and Delivery)
• Monitors Intraday Risk and report breaches
• Reviews metrics other than official limits set by RISQ (ex. IML, financing, etc.); centralizes requests for explanation regarding breaches of end of day limits. Ensures resolution or escalation.
• Designs new margining methodologies, subject to validation by RISQ/MAR (main principles)
• Defines and updates margining rules with client, under the constraints of the credit approved risk limits
• Computes or validates ad-hoc margin amounts
• Liaises with OPER to monitor delayed payment of margin calls and escalates if appropriate
Acts as expert regarding margin computations (at the request of clients, RISQ, MARK/NEW or other entities)
Summary of the Key Purposes of the Role
• Helping the team with ad-hoc analysis and risk projects
• Basic reporting and admin tasks
• Assisting analysts on basic portfolio analysis
• Maintenance and testing of the intraday risk monitoring platform
• The product scope encompasses futures, options, OTC cash FX, SWAPS, fixed income securities, equities, securities financing and cash management products, plus any additional products or services that SG Prime may offer.
Summary of Responsibilities
• Responsibility for ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational risk requirements (e.g. Golden rules, security policies and regulatory requirements).
• Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position.
• Responsibility for reading, understanding and complying with the Company’s Conduct and Standards and corresponding regulations. You will be notified of changes to policies in a timely manner through announcements and/or intranet updates.
• Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties. Your actions should always be able to satisfy high standards of scrutiny.
• Observe proper standards of market conduct. Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to your business.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of the position.
Observe proper standards of market conduct. Responsibility to ensure that steps are taken to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to the business.
• Excellent communicator – role requires interaction numerous internal parties and departments.
• Excellent organisational skills are required to effectively accommodate workflows and manage priorities.
• Methodical working techniques combined with analytical rigour
• Time management
• Team player: duties are shared with other team members and all effectively work as one unit. Interns provide cover for analyst for client reporting
• Technical/ Systems Knowledge: MS Access, MS Excel, Visual Basic for Application
• Knowledge of Listed derivatives
• Knowledge of OTC derivatives
• Knowledge of Value At Risk calculation
• Knowledge of Advanced statistics
• Knowledge of Risk management
Internship at another Financial Institution
• Degree Educated preferably with Masters Degree
• Working towards CFA
• French preferably
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
About Société Générale
Présente dans 76 pays auprès de 30 millions de clients, La Société Générale est l'une des plus importantes entreprises de services financiers, notamment en Europe. Grand acteur historique en France dont le siège social est à Paris, La Société Générale propose une large gamme de services bancaires grâce à ses enseignes La Société Générale, Boursorama et Crédit du Nord.
Mobilisée sur les secteurs de la banque de détail, services financiers et assurances mais également banque d'investissement et banque privée, La Société Générale propose des opportunités de carrières diverses et variées telles que la gestion de projet, l'analyse trading, l'audit ou encore le développement informatique. Bénéficiez de cette expertise pour construire votre avenir grâce à de nombreuses offres de stages et VIE à l'international.
La Société Générale vous invite à contribuer à la banque de demain en proposant un parcours professionnel adapté aux envies des jeunes talents. C'est plus de 600 métiers qui sont représentés au sein du groupe partout en France et à l'international. Du Royaume-Uni, à la Suisse en passant par New York ou l'Ile-de-France, tout jeune diplômé peut trouver une place et devenir acteur de la banque de demain.