· Provide level 2 support to users of the Global Market activities' information system, focusing on Equity Prime Brokerage business activities. This entails systems ranging from order passing to bookkeeping and position management. Users requests and incidents flows will be managed by gathering the information from the different communication channels (trading floor live interaction; phone; other). IT Support services will be relying on ITIL framework and core processes.
· Formalize end users' day to day problems; assesses the criticality/priority of these problems and treat them accordingly. Escalates to the next level if need be; Gives effective and regular feedback to the end users. Will transform problems to user stories add it to the product backlog for prioritisation and task building.
· Report regularly on issues to direct management, follows ITEC processes closely on incident, problem and request management, adheres to the code of conduct.
· Use his/her technical skills assist in building effective monitoring systems by using the information system's monitoring tools. Ensures tools are in line with our needs and takes initiatives to improve their efficiency.
· Lead investigations to resolve problems independently, have the technical ability to troubleshoot and debug code, search log files. Will have strong UNIX and SQL skills to check system errors and generate reports, scripting abilities to assist with the platform extensions, automate monitoring, error detection, participate with the DEV in building solutions or improving the core chain used by the business activity.
· Engage and improve the Follow-the-Sun model and leverage on our global setup working closely with our Paris and New York offices.
· Seek feedback on escalated problems to follow up and update the end users. Liaise with other ITEC and GTS teams to consider clients' needs/expectations/issues. Organize and lead follow-up meeting with different parties (users and partners). Formalizes problems and escalates to the next level of support or global teams when need be.
· Estimate the risks and opportunities in our day to day job and take initiatives to reduce the risks and improve our efficiency. Provides support to other peers when necessary and train the new joiners on the perimeter.
Behavioural skills :
· Good communication and organizational skills, analytical mind.
· Ability to learn quickly.
· Reliability and rigour.
· Able to manage pressure by accompany business requests while sitting on the trading floor.
· Proactive / Innovative Operational skills :
· BSC in Computer Science degree or equivalent.
· Good knowledge on both UNIX and Windows environment.
· Good knowledge on SQL.
· Good scripting skills, python, shell.
· Ability to read code, Python, C# with Core Java development is an advantage.
· Good knowledge on Global Markets trading and booking activities with previous knowledge on financial products is an advantage.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
As part of the Front Office IT department the EPB team oversees development and support of tools used by Equity Prime Brokerage, Delta 1 and Security finance traders, sales, and operations.
The team is composed of 10 developers and application support analysts in Hong Kong (DevOps model).
The team is based in the dealing room and interact daily with the Front and Middle Officers.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: SG Securities (HK) Limited
Starting date: 2021/03/10
Publication date: 2021/02/09