The reconciliation team is in charge of controlling daily the adequacy and quality of SGSS Frankfurt’s general accounting and of the monthly accounting certification.
As intern, you will be responsible to identify, allocate and follow-up on the solving of any break between the auxiliary cash accounting and the general accounting. You will be also in charge of producing local regulatory reporting (cross-border payments and securities portfolio).
Your Main Responsibilities:
Due to a planned short-term increase in business activity in SGSS Frankfurt, the Reconciliation team is looking for an additional resource. The position entails frequent interactions with operational teams in France (Paris and Nantes) as well as in Germany.
· Cash reconciliation of ancillary accounting systems (entries related to securities + cash processing) against the General-Ledger
· Matching of reconciled entries in the General-Ledger
· Strict follow up of breaks/open positions with the relevant business department (mainly remote operating teams in France)
· Escalation of open positions / breaks to management according to the defined internal procedures
· All reconciliation works have to be evidenced by an audit proof documentation
· Contribution to the production and control of monthly German regulatory reports, of which “AWV ” and “Statistik über Wertpapierinvestments” i.e. pertaining to cross-border payments and securities holdings
· Currently studying at a University in the area of Business Administration, Finance or similar
· You must be enrolled in an undergraduate or post-graduate program
· Previous experience in accounting, reconciliation and/or controlling would be an advantage
· Ideally already some experience in the financial industry e.g. gained through internships, working student jobs or similar
· You are proficient with Excel
· Good communication skills
· Fluency in German and English (both written and orally) is essential and also an intermediate level in French is desirable
Why join us
At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, nationality or ethnic origin.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, thrive on a challenge and want to become part of a dedicated and driven team that strives for success, then please apply with a CV (including your expected graduation date), cover letter as well as your preferred start date and duration for the internship.
COVID-19 (coronavirus): Message to all our candidates
The health of our employees, customers and candidates is our priority. The current context of the health crisis is impacting our organizations. Certain recruitment processes are currently disrupted. We thank candidates for being understanding of these new delays when applying to our jobs for permanent or fixed-term contracts, internships, apprenticeships, or International Volunteer Program missions. We will be sure to inform you as soon as the situation improves. Take care of yourselves and your loved ones.
Do you see yourself standing alone or standing out? Make the difference and join our team!
Société Générale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognized on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams. More than 149,000 employees, based in 67 countries, accompany 31 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis.
Established in 29 locations worldwide with around 4.000 employees, Societe Generale Securities Services (SGSS) provides a full range of securities services that are adapted to the latest financial markets and regulatory trend. SGSS Frankfurt offers clearing, custody and trustee services to German and International Funds and Institutional clients.
We are looking for an intern – Reconciliation Officer for a period of 6 months starting from July 2020.
Take your chance and join our Team at our SG Branch in Frankfurt!
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: SG CIB
Starting date: immediate
Publication date: 2020/04/03