· Understand users’ requirements and be able to design and propose solutions
· Develop/enhance applications for Security Finance and Delta1
· Lead small initiatives to improve team processes
· Work with the team to offer innovative technological solutions and new perspectives on issues
· Communicate and report to IT peers and business teams
· Be fully autonomous to collect requirements, design solutions and implement them
· Be creative and innovative and propose better solutions whenever possible
· Be open-minded and curious to help rationalize and maintain the existing systems
· Foresee possible issues to avoid them in early development stages
· Be aware and curious about new technologies to share their benefits and explore them
· Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or similar
· Engineering/analytical mindset: Able to develop well-structured and simple solutions; enjoys delivering solutions to business
· Curious, self-learning and autonomous: Not afraid to learn and pick up new skills (both technical and functional)
· Passionate about technology: Proactive, innovative, likes to stay up to date with latest technologies and trends
· Some financial knowledge is a plus (Equity derivatives, equity finance preferred)
· Core Java or Kotlin development (Java 8, Spring boot) is desirable
· Some knowledge in Python is desirable
· Modern software development practices: Agile methodology, Continuous Delivery, Cloud Computing (Micro Services, Docker, etc.) is a plus
· Fluent in English is mandatory
This is a 1-3 month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and that you are available for the 1-3 month period on a full-time basis.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
As part of the Business Support Unit, the IT team oversees development and support of tools used by Delta 1 and Security finance traders, sales, and operation teams. The team is composed of 15 developers and application support analysts in Hong Kong. All the developers are based in the dealing room and interact daily with users.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: SG Securities (HK) Limited
Starting date: 2021/06/01
Publication date: 2021/02/17