You will have exposure to and undertake:
· Market research;
· Preparation of client pitches and other marketing materials;
· Coordination of basic commercial, financial and legal due diligence;
· Pricing of financing opportunities;
· Cashflow modelling including running scenarios and sensitivity analysis
· Participate in the preparation of credit applications for real estate loans;
· Loan documentation review; and
· Other ad hoc business and transaction requirements such as ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance) as well as KYC (Know your Client) etc.
· Bachelor's degree or above in in Finance, Property Finance or Accounting
Ideal past experience:
· No previous experience necessary
· Experience in financial modelling would be an asset
· Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills Job Skills
· Analytical mindset,Fast learning, flexible, appetite to learn
· Strong accounting and finance understanding
· Team player
· Excel, Word
· Outlook, Powerpoint
· Fluent In English
Join Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking (SG CIB) as an Intern – Real Estate Finance in Sydney, Australia within our Global Banking & Advisory (GLBA) division.
You will quickly become an integral part of a small Real Estate Finance team working with global clients to support in arranging and underwriting lending transactions in Australia across the commercial real estate sector – office, retail, industrial/logistics and hotel properties. The Bank has ambitious growth objectives over the next 2 – 5 years in Asia Pacific, especially Australia, with Real Estate Finance considered as strategic to this growth.
This is an entry level opportunity for a Graduate Trainee to join Societe Generale on a full-time basis for 12 months. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn from a team of experienced practitioners to get a solid understanding in cashflow modelling, structuring, valuation and risk analysis – all core aspects of the role, through ad hoc training and on-the-job experience. You will be involved in all aspects of the deal life cycle and process from market research, preparing the initial pitch through to client meetings and deal execution and have good exposure to senior level management. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team and get hands-on experience within a fast-paced, results focused, global organisation. You will work alongside teams in Infrastructure, Energy, Metals and Mining, Financial Institutions and Asset Backed Products.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Société Générale Sydney Branch
Starting date: immediate
Publication date: 2020/11/04