Mission: The Fund Accountant makes sure that all NAV and Reporting are delivered to the client in good quality and in the agreed timeframe.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Is responsible for the recording of all operations in the accounting system, including the number of shares in issue after receiving operations from the Transfer Agent and any related equalization; the portfolio by integrating sell and purchase orders; the accruals in relation to income and expenses; the Cash accounts by integrating operations received from the counterparties.
Net Asset Value production and control
• Initiates the process of accounting and NAV calculation;
• Ensures the reconciliation is made between Asset Management and Accounting counterparts;
• Proceeds to calculate the NAV following all relevant procedures and checklists.
Reporting and periodic duties
• Initiates the periodic valuations process and generates the reporting, both regulatory and client specific.
• Strong Accounting background and ability to apply this on a daily basis;
• Good knowledge of the particularities of the alternative Investment industry;
• Good knowledge of Luxembourg legal environment and regulations;
• Good command of Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
• Good command of English and French/German;
• Organisation and rigor;
• Autonomy and proactivity;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Team spirit;
• Detail orientation;
• Position not subject to MIF II.
Why join us
Société Générale Luxembourg is a multi-category bank offering every employee the possibility to have several careers in a professional career path. Internal mobility and training are two core areas we focus on, in a dynamic, prosperous and evolving context.
We offer our employees a working environment adapted to the evolution of the business lines; this translates in two key words: remote working & agility (depending on the department).
Our unique geographical location in the heart of the City Centre and close to the Luxembourg City train station allows our employees to benefit from the advantages of a European capital.
“B uilding together, with our clients, a better and sustainable future through responsible and innovative financial solutions”.
Our CSR strategy is at the heart of our DNA and the Group wishes to position itself as one of the key players in the fight against climate change by supporting customers in their energy transition. In Luxembourg, our international environment offers us tremendous diversity within our teams, for which we guarantee equal opportunities.
Our open-innovation lab #Leplateaulux, in connection with the Luxembourg innovation ecosystem, allows our employees to benefit from proximity with external start-ups and internal project developers.
Société Générale Securities Services (SGSS), the Securities business line of Société Générale Group, is one of the main Administration and Custody actors for mutual funds in Luxembourg. We offer a complete range of services for institutional clients: liquidity management, compensation, depositary and conservation services, funds administration and asset servicing, transfer agent and issuer services.
Our Recruitment process :
The short-listed candidates will be invited to perform a reasoning test, a personality questionnaire and to one or more face to face interviews in order to discuss about their experience, skills and values. In order to finalize the recruitment process, the selected candidate will have to present a certain number of supporting documents before his integration (copy of diplomas, proof of previous jobs, and possibly an extract of the criminal record (bulletin n ° 3 for the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg).
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Société Générale Securities Services
Starting date: 2021/03/01
Publication date: 2021/02/11