GBSU/RPM is the global department in charge of steering IT Risks & Production for GBIS ('Global Banking and Investor Solution').
The key missions of the department are to:
· Define, consolidate and steer all production indicators (KSI, SLA, etc.);
· Coordinate major production operations like applicative releases, infrastructure changes and disaster recovery tests.
· Ensure the consistency of production practices & tools across GBIS and animate related communities of practices;
· Deploy and steer IT Risk Management processes, while respecting policies defined with the operational and cybersecurity risk departments
· Manage Transversal Production transformation projects.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will join the PROD Tools team as a full stack developer, implementing and supporting tools which serve the production environment of the bank. The team is spread over the world (Paris, Bangalore, Montreal) and provide tools to maintain and support the production.
· Collect needs and specify the functionalities to be implemented from end users and Product Owners.
· Develop the different parts of the application from the user interface to data management.
· Implement, test and deliver functionalities according to our standards and following the Continuous Integration process.
· Provide support on day-to-day operations supporting Defect, Problem, and Crisis processes
· Be an active member of the team in terms of decision making and process improvements
· Contribute to the team continuous improvement through communication, documentation and automation
· Experience in Java and/or Python development
· Web development experience (HTML/CSS, Angular, Bootstrap)
· Excellent interpersonal and rapport building skills, working across multiple stakeholders and functions
· Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working in a very dynamic environment, with rapidly changing priorities.
· Good knowledge of SQL language
· Rigorous, Dynamic, detail oriented, fast learning capacity and able to work in a high-pressure environment
· Fluent in English and French
Nice to have:
· Understanding of development cycles: SDLC, Agile, Continuous delivery
· First experience in a full stack developer role
· Knowledge of Spring Boot, as well as Django or Flask
· Knowledge of CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes)
Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking (SGCIB) is the third-largest investment bank of the European Economic Area, and it is present in more than 75 countries worldwide. SGCIB's Canadian subsidiary is based in Montreal and has about 100 employees. SGCIB has positioned itself as a leader in interest rate and currency derivatives on the Canadian market.
The SG Montreal Solutions Centre Inc. ('SG MSC') group employs more than 230 people, providing IT solutions and services for operations based in New York, Paris and Asia, among others. SG MSC manages IT infrastructure as well as the development, integration, maintenance and improvement of a wide array of business applications.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: SG CIB
Starting date: 2021/02/23
Publication date: 2021/02/05