Societe Generale Global Markets Division (MARK) provides hard-working, talented graduates with the opportunity to develop exceptional careers within the finance industry. The Off Cycle Analyst Program provides exposure to large Fixed Income, Equity and Commodity trading floors as well as to our Prime Brokerage business and other banking activities. This 6 month Internship has a variety of opportunities across our New York office. The program will enable you to benefit from ongoing networking and development opportunities inside and outside of your assigned team.
• Opportunities in Equity, Fixed Income, and Prime Services, making markets in hundreds of financial products.
• Provide an insight into the day-to-day functioning of Capital Markets, and contribute firsthand the trading of global risk and capital flows
• Deep understanding of a wide range of trades implemented by key market investors across Global Banks, Hedge Funds, Insurers, Pension funds, Real Money managers and Corporate Accounts
• Invaluable opportunity to demonstrate your potential in a competitive trading floor environment working for a ~$1.45tn asset global bank
• Calculating value-at-risk figures for the trading strategies of prime brokerage clients
• Analyzing Trading Desk hedging strategies and risk exposures
• Deconstructing client trading behavior to find opportunities to further product reach
• Engaging clients directly in social settings to deepen client relationships
Societe Generale is looking for students who maintain:
• Strong academic record
• Flexibility, innovative thinking, energy, drive and enthusiasm
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
• Interest in financial markets and global geopolitics
• Ability to work effectively in both a team and independently
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: SG Americas Securities
Starting date: immediate
Publication date: 2020/11/19