People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different
Description of the Business Line or Department
MARK/GRS is Societe Generale’s Global Cross Asset Research department. With more than 200 analysts, strategists and economists, it offers in-depth analysis and a distinctive cross-asset approach: impact of major events across asset classes, assessment of the links between asset classes, strategic synthesis to provide an integrated view.
Societe Generale Global Research offers global coverage, thanks to local networks in Eastern Europe (Moscow, Bucarest, Warsaw and Prague), the strengthening of its presence in the US and in Asia (Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), together with an established UK and Western European base.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
• Supporting [Economists / FX Strategists / Commodities Strategists / Quantitative Strategists / etc.] on Financial Research & Analysis
• Maintenance of financial spreadsheets and models
• Preparation of drafts of written documents
• Preparation of slidepacks and other marketing material
• Based in London
• Dynamic environment
Summary of responsibilities
Research product responsibilities
• Collect relevant public information and data, ensuring it comes from reliable sources
• Investigate key information and key data points, through checks and discussions
• Under the supervision of the team head, build econometric and / or financial models, describing relevant parts of the business environment and allowing for forecasts; ensure the modelisation process and outcome is to the highest professional standards
• Update the models whenever necessary, and, under the supervision of the team head, improve or replace them when appropriate
• Ensure reliability of data through the verification of sample data, and other means
• Develop innovative and value-adding approaches, both for collecting data and for analysing it
• Subject any finding and any forecast to critical analysis
• Based on the research and analysis work, prepare, under the supervision of the team head, draft documents on developments on the subject covered
• Strictly respect all internal rules and all external regulations relating to the research production process
• Make sure to take into account findings of Research teams that are “upstream” (e.g., Economists for Equity analysts), and to fully leverage the findings of teams that are “peer” (e.g., Credit analysts for Equity analysts), developing whenever possible SG Global Research’ specific Cross Asset franchise
• Strictly adhere to all relevant internal rules and external regulations; strictly comply with operational and conduct risk requirements (e.g data leakage, security policies and regulatory requirements)
• In particular, ensure full adherence to the SG Research responsibilities, as defined in the Research handbook and in regular training sessions
• Take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory and statutory bodies, trading venues, etc that are applicable to the role and the business line
• Protect SG market share and reputation, through professionalism, discipline, rigor, and attention to risks
• Make sure all research is produced according to SG Research standards and methods, and to the highest standards of quality
• Assist in the self identification of all conduct related issues. Ensure escalation to appropriate stakeholder or function whether internal or external.
• Adhere to business line mandates relevant to the role as directed by your manager
• Control costs; minimize unnecessary expenses related to travel, datafeeds, etc.
• This description is intended to outline the main responsibilities for the role and is not an exhaustive list, responsibilities may vary from time to time as directed by your manager
Level of autonomy and authority
High level of autonomy
• Good knowledge of Financial Techniques
• Some knowledge of relevant datafeeds
• Ability to produce innovative ideas
• Proficient in Excel / PowerPoint
• Rigorous and curious
• Strong communicator
• Excellent organisational skills
• Adaptability and Flexibility
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
About Société Générale
Présente dans 76 pays auprès de 30 millions de clients, La Société Générale est l'une des plus importantes entreprises de services financiers, notamment en Europe. Grand acteur historique en France dont le siège social est à Paris, La Société Générale propose une large gamme de services bancaires grâce à ses enseignes La Société Générale, Boursorama et Crédit du Nord.
Mobilisée sur les secteurs de la banque de détail, services financiers et assurances mais également banque d'investissement et banque privée, La Société Générale propose des opportunités de carrières diverses et variées telles que la gestion de projet, l'analyse trading, l'audit ou encore le développement informatique. Bénéficiez de cette expertise pour construire votre avenir grâce à de nombreuses offres de stages et VIE à l'international.
La Société Générale vous invite à contribuer à la banque de demain en proposant un parcours professionnel adapté aux envies des jeunes talents. C'est plus de 600 métiers qui sont représentés au sein du groupe partout en France et à l'international. Du Royaume-Uni, à la Suisse en passant par New York ou l'Ile-de-France, tout jeune diplômé peut trouver une place et devenir acteur de la banque de demain.