Description of the Business Line or Department
GLBA/LBO is responsible for arranging and underwriting debt financing for leveraged buy-outs in Europe and the USA.
GLBA/LBO backs a core group of private equity clients.
LBO Finance is part of Global Banking and Advisory (GLBA)
Summary of the key purposes of the role
A. Build and manage client relationships with target borrowers in the LBO sector
B. Identify and address clients' needs in terms of raising and managing capital
C. Represent LBO in internal dialogues with colleagues to provide best-in-class advisory to the client base
Summary of responsibilities
1. To support the team's efforts in originating debt financing and advisory mandates in the LBO sector
Specific focus on The UK, The Netherlands and Scandinavia for Leveraged Finance loans and high yield bonds across all relevant currencies.
2. To support the team's efforts in developing and maintaining a track record of winning mandates in addressing clients' borrowing needs
To assist the team in meeting London's fee and NBI budget
3. To support the team's efforts in the effective and responsible execution of mandates
To ensure compliance practices are observed, KYC processes completed, due diligence reports comprehensively analysed and key elements reflected in the credit applications and financial models. To ensure also that the permanent supervision requirements are completed when due.
4. To support the development of the product offering in line with LBO's strategy and priorities
To the best of abilities, to take an innovative and creative approach to new product / service development with a view to identifying improved customer service and product portfolio.
5. To support the development of the LBO client base in line with GLBA's and SG Group's strategy and priorities
To focus on developing an internal network across product disciplines with a view to deepening relationship across business lines and joint product synergy release. Developing client relationships at the Analyst level to ensure close client relationships throughout the hierarchy.
6. To support LBO in internal dialogues with colleagues to provide best-in-class advisory to the client base
To focus on internal relationships with SYN / GLBA / MARK / Compliance / KYC / OPER / RISQ in order that the client receives a comprehensive service taking into account the intellectual property held within adjacent business lines.
1. Ability to gather an understanding of capital markets and loan financing, the dynamics and the related instruments, including credit and rates derivatives to propose relevant financing solutions and advisory
2. Capacity to generate consistent pitch material that is clear, structured, compelling, and comprehensive in addressing clients' needs
3. Responsibility – ability to understand risks (conduct, reputational, financial, etc.) for IBD, GLBA, and SG Group, and act responsibly in line with SG Group Values, Code of Conduct, and other applicable rules & regulations
1. Client orientation – ability to contribute to the team's efforts to build and maintain trusted client relationships
2. Client orientation – consistency and rigour in following up on clients' needs and act upon team's priorities
3. Client orientation – demonstrate discipline and team collaboration to develop business adapted to clients' and markets' needs
4. Innovation – commitment to contribute to the development of new client base, advisory, and products
5. Team spirit – ability to work with people with diverse, international backgrounds and act on team's priorities
6. Commitment – ability to prioritise tasks and manage competing deadlines, and to deliver on team's priorities
7. Communication skills – including language skills (as relevant)
Why join us
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: SG CIB
Starting date: immediate
Publication date: 2020/12/21