A MIX OF STRONG IT and FINANCE SKILLS REQUIRED
At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Global Markets division (MARK) of SG Corporate and Investment Banking. MARK offers a cross-asset approach along all its offerings : Research, Investment & Risk Management Solutions, Execution and Prime Services to asset managers, pension funds, companies, private banks, insurance companies, hedge funds, family offices, sovereign funds and distributors worldwide.
The Global Markets functions is a trusted partner to external clients (Corporates, Financial institutions and Asset Managers) in market activities, offering a cross-expertise in Research, Investment and Risk Solutions, Execution and Prime Services.
FIXED INCOME & CURRENCIES
A SOLUTIONS & DERIVATIVES HOUSE
The Fixed Income department at Societe Generale aim at providing a full set of services to Institutional and Corporate clients that will support their investment or risk management targets.
Thanks to market-leading research, engineering, trading and e-commerce capabilities, our clients benefit from strategic insights, flow information, competitive pricing and seamless execution across rates, credit, FX, and emerging markets.
We design solutions for our clients, capitalising on the full spectrum of fixed income and currencies products and services.
LINKING BORROWERS TO INVESTORS FROM ORIGINATION TO DISTRIBUTION
We service our clients on the full credit spectrum from Investment Grade to High Yield and X-Over and on cash as well as indices, options and singe name CDS.
GLOBAL FX & EMERGING MARKETS EUROPEAN MARKET LEADER WITH EMERGING MARKET FOCUS
Our clients can tap our capacity to execute large FX deals. We also offer a global coverage on all major currencies, and the local access of our global emerging markets platform spanning CEE, Asia, Africa and Brazil.
ACCESS TO CASH AND DERIVATIVES
Through packaged trade ideas or flawless execution, we offer our clients the best of our trading and structuring expertise. Our capabilities span from derivatives to government, agency & supranational securities to covered bonds, inflation-linked products and ETFs.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
· Develop and enhance the Front Office’s inventory of Microsoft Excel tools, reports, and applications and assist with deployments
· Assist with development of algorithmic trading and data management.
· Provide general support to the trading desk, dealing with settlement problems and general desk admin.
Summary of responsibilities
· Provide quick tactical IT solutions for the cash trading desk using MS VBA in Excel as well as C++, Python and SQL where appropriate.
· Develop longer term spreadsheets to assist traders and salespeople in their daily activity.
· Interface with SG systems developers and support to leverage off existing IT infrastructure
· Perform regular and ad-hoc reporting and analysis, as well as analysis of credit markets and positions, in Investment Grade, High Yield and Emerging Markets bonds.
· Produce daily P&L and risk reports for the trading desk.
· Support the development of IT tools and systems to enhance SG’s trading efficiency (e.g. automation, pricing engines, development of analytical toold and new hedging as applicable)
· Develop understanding of credit trading, how the bank makes money and how risk and P&L are controlled.
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
Graduate with a Master degree from Engineering School, majoring in IT.
A previous experience in Investment Banking/ financial services industry would be appreciated.
You are proficient in Office application
Microsoft Excel expert (Advanced Functions, Pivot Tables, Charting)
VBA expert (Functions, Sub Routines, Class Modules, User Forms)
Experience with SQL a benefit (Stored Procedures, Views, Functions, Data Modeling)
Experience extracting, processing and analyzing data from non-spreadsheet data sources (e.g. external databases
Ability to troubleshoot issues quickly and provide resolutions
Strong analytical, reasoning, and problem solving skills
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Some interest or experience in investment banking/ financial services industry
Excellent numerical and literacy skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.