This role is based within the wholesale banking HR team. With around 18,000 employees working in 53 countries, the businesses within the wholesale banking divisions focus on the needs of corporates, financial institutions, public sector, family offices or high Net Worth Individuals. It covers Corporate & Investment Banking, Private Banking, Asset Management and Investor Services.
- Providing a wide range of analyses and support to the UK & EMEA Compensation & Benefits (C&B) function (and other HR functions as required).
- Support the EMEA Compensation & Benefits team with the Annual Compensation Review (ACR) for the region including administration of key process and analytics, individual benchmarking analysis, monitoring transversal consistency for compensation across business lines and countries and staff communications and payment
- Provide day-to-day support to HR Business Partners across EMEA throughout the ACR process
- As well as the above, provide day-to-day support to HR Business Partners across the UK and EMEA throughout the ACR process
- Support coordination and provision of information to the central compensation team in Paris on global and local processes and data requirements
- Support the C&B team with the development, implementation and ongoing administration of compensation programmes (e.g. deferral plans and salary grids) for employees in the UK and EMEA
- Assist in the development and delivery of presentations and communications to key stakeholders as part of the ACR and for other processes
- Produce deferral schedules for employees on an ad-hoc basis to value unvested awards
- Value buy-out arrangements of unvested deferred compensation from prior employers for candidates across UK and EMEA.
- Support as required any analysis or papers to support Remuneration Committees and regulatory obligations related to remuneration
- Liaise with Payroll team to process deferred bonuses, buy-outs and cash bonuses, and involvement in payroll checking
- Support with the implementation of ‘one-off’ compensation arrangements as appropriate
- Work closely with the HR Systems team locally and globally to implement compensation information correctly and efficiently on HR Systems
- Support UK benefits team on benefits renewal, processing and analysis
- Support UK benefits on other ad hoc projects
Graduate with a Master’s degree from Business/Engineering School or University in Human Resources/Economics/Business Administration/Finance.
- Some work experience in a corporate environment would be preferable
- Needs to have a specific interest in a career in HR or compensation and benefits
- Other languages would be a benefit
- Computer literate with strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Confident, good presentation with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate and convey complex topics in a clear and concise manner
- Personal integrity and ability to deal with and be trusted with sensitive information
- Naturally curious. Has an interest in understanding the context of their role in the wider department
- Highly organised individual with ability to prioritise different tasks effectively and plan for deadlines
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 24 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com .
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English
About Société Générale
Présente dans 76 pays auprès de 30 millions de clients, La Société Générale est l'une des plus importantes entreprises de services financiers, notamment en Europe. Grand acteur historique en France dont le siège social est à Paris, La Société Générale propose une large gamme de services bancaires grâce à ses enseignes La Société Générale, Boursorama et Crédit du Nord.
Mobilisée sur les secteurs de la banque de détail, services financiers et assurances mais également banque d'investissement et banque privée, La Société Générale propose des opportunités de carrières diverses et variées telles que la gestion de projet, l'analyse trading, l'audit ou encore le développement informatique. Bénéficiez de cette expertise pour construire votre avenir grâce à de nombreuses offres de stages et VIE à l'international.
La Société Générale vous invite à contribuer à la banque de demain en proposant un parcours professionnel adapté aux envies des jeunes talents. C'est plus de 600 métiers qui sont représentés au sein du groupe partout en France et à l'international. Du Royaume-Uni, à la Suisse en passant par New York ou l'Ile-de-France, tout jeune diplômé peut trouver une place et devenir acteur de la banque de demain.