At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Finance division of Global Banking & Investors Solutions (GBIS), one of the three pillars of SG that brings together Corporate and Investment Banking activities, Private Banking activities, Asset Management and Investor Services. This division oversees the quality and delivery of financial statements for GBIS, the independent certification of financial data for various activities, and also provides day-to-day explanations on profit and loss for market activities.
Description of the Business Line
Societe Generale Securities Services (SGSS) in the UK is a business line of Societe Generale London Branch.
Services provided by SGSS to a diversified landscape of clients include:
- Global and domestic Custody and trustee services
- Fund administration and asset servicing
- Liquidity & Financial Market services
- Clearing & Settlement services
- Fund distribution
- Global issuer services
Within SGSS UK, SGSS/CML/ENG’s mission is to strengthen the capacity and the efficiency of SGSS to deliver products, services and solutions on markets and to its buy-side customers. SGSS/CML/ENG works on mutual, transposable and local products and solutions, as well as on clients' specific requests.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The Project Analyst will assist in the managing the Project Portfolio of Product Engineering (CMS/ENG) for the three offers: Wealth, Fund Services, Global Broker Deal Outsourcing.
- Design, implement and manage project/programme: Delivery Plan (scope, planning, budget, deliverables, governance, organisation and reporting)
- Manage Client related projects
Implement industry best practices and discipline for the delivery of projects
Summary of Responsibilities
- The PM is responsible for managing project management office functions to deliver new product or new solution:
o Designing, implementing and managing project/programme Delivery Plan (scope, planning, budget, deliverables, governance, organisation and reporting)
o Setting up a robust project/programme governance across teams
o Applying an appropriate project management framework and best practices for the project (using relevant project standards)
o Providing project leaders and key stakeholders with regular and ad-hoc reports on progress, financials and risks & issues for progress tracking and decision making purposes
o Ensure workstream solutions are compliant both in terms of regulatory and in accordance with company / group guidelines
o Supporting business representatives in creation, submission and in gaining approval of business requirements / proposals
o Tracking and reporting project/programme budget and forecasting and resource planning
o Managing project risks, including the development of contingency plans
o Managing overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary
o Ensuring change control and configuration management procedures are adhered to
o Conducting post-project evaluation to assess how well the project was managed
o Provide support and guidance to overall project team as required
o Any ad hoc activities as agreed.
- Responsible for the managing and tracking the delivery of Client projects which consist of:
o Planning and coordinating client onboarding and Change Requests activities across Sales teams, ITEC, and business support teams including client activation team, Legal, Compliance, Risk, Finance, Operations, etc.
o Coordinate activities across teams and implement effective project communication and reporting mechanisms
o Ensure effective implementation of new or amended processes, systems and services for clients
o Ensure customer satisfaction and when appropriate act as interface and facilitator between clients, project workstreams, business units and suppliers
o Track project plan, action, risk, dependencies and issues and manage escalation process
o Complete some level of business analysis and documentation when required
- Support project leaders and key stakeholders in the design, validation and implemention of the target operating model (organisation & processes) regarding enhanced/new services
- Participate in the implementation of any regulatory or tax upgrade and product enhancement and optimisation
Graduate with a Master’s degree from Business/Engineering School or University in Project Management/Business Administration/Economics/Finance. You are fluent in English. French is a plus.
You have good command of MS Office applications.
- Asset/Fund or Wealth Management industry experience preferred
- Experience project/programme office for the delivery of technical solutions and the delivery of business initiatives
- Experience in implementing and running strong Programme Office support function
- Experience in middle or back office functions for buy side clients
- General understanding of securities business
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently / self driven
- Ability to work with individuals from very different teams (Sales, Operations, ITEC, Legal,etc)
- Solutions orientated/constructive approach with internal and external customers
- Interest in Project Management as a career path
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 24 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria