Description de l'offre
At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Finance division of Global Banking & Investors Solutions (GBIS), one of the three pillars of SG that brings together Corporate and Investment Banking activities, Private Banking activities, Asset Management and Investor Services. This division oversees the quality and delivery of financial statements for GBIS, the independent certification of financial data for various activities, and also provides day-to-day explanations on profit and loss for market activities.
Description of the Business Line or Department
The Global and Integrated Finance Division (‘DFIN’) department’s aim is to add value to the Group and its business lines' development, through a transformation of our organisation and operating modes. DFIN provides a key contribution to the Group value creation, through our activities of strategic advisory, steering, data production and certification. We are engaged in all dimensions of performance evaluation across the Group and provide a transversal and objective vision to support informed decision-making for the management and development of the Group and its business lines.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The Market Performance Analysis (MPA) team is dedicated to the Global Markets (MARK) activity and are primarily responsible for the financial reporting, financial planning, financial analysis and financial advisory of MARK.
The MPA PRM team, fulfils the above role specifically for the Prime Services business line within MARK.
The main objective of the Prime Services Financial Analyst is:
Support the MPA PRM team in the reporting, monitoring, planning and analysis of Prime activity.
Participate in thinking of new ideas and ways to improve current deliverables and analysis.
Focus on client profitability by providing key strategic KPIs and dashboards to the business
Summary of responsibilities
Support in the preparation of clear, accurate financial reports on a monthly basis.
Support in SG Group’s annual budget and planning process. This also continues throughout the year due to follow up’s/tracking of performance.
Review financial business plans, and help the business understand their performance versus their expectations.
Support in assessing the BU and SBUs financial performance, by analysing changes/trends of all P&L components and liaising with other departments in order to understand the nature behind the changes.
Design and implement new business plan trackers that allow us and the business to follow strategic initiatives.
Client Analysis Support:
Create routines and make consistency checks on client data.
Produce monthly reporting on client profitability for the front office & top management and summarise findings in a clear, concise and convincing manner.
Analyse the trade-off between pricing and volume and how this relationship impacts overall profits and corporate strategies.
Graduate with a Master’s degree from Business/Engineering School or University in Mathematics/Finance/Computer Science.
You ideally have a previous experience in a bank or financial institution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to communicate convincingly at all levels with the key decision makers in the relevant business lines and elsewhere within the investment bank.
- Ability to work autonomously and be responsible for following matters through to completion.
- Solution-focused, service-oriented and proactive.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and/or data mining tools (such as Access, SQL..). Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies.
- Familiar financial services industry preferred.
- Energetic and self-motivated with excellent analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks/deadlines.
- Team player, enjoy sharing information.
- Compliant with confidentiality requirements.
- Ability to work in an environment with rapidly changing priorities and high demands.
- Open to new ideas, creative and hard working.
- Have a strong risk culture and reliable professional conduct.
- Coordination skills (across and between the teams in MACC, OPER and the business)
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.