Description de l'offre
At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Finance division of Global Banking & Investors Solutions (GBIS), one of the three pillars of SG that brings together Corporate and Investment Banking activities, Private Banking activities, Asset Management and Investor Services. This division oversees the quality and delivery of financial statements for GBIS, the independent certification of financial data for various activities, and also provides day-to-day explanations on profit and loss for market activities.
Description of the Business Line
Market Analysts & Certification Community (MACC) Department role are to strengthen their expertise in the analysis of results and risks and increase their proximity with trading activities. MACC's major stakes is to meet the regulatory challenges, accompany the development of the business lines and to enable GBS to meet its ambitions in terms of client satisfaction and efficiency. Ultimately, MACC task is to ensure that MARK, RISQ and DFIN are able to carry out their respective roles within a carefully-controlled risk and cost management structure.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Produce FO Market risks analysis
- Answer our clients (MARK, RISQ & Finance) special requests and propose adequate solutions to their needs
- Design and implement target processes to face all business and regulatory changes
- Ensure proper deployment of digital transformation within MACC processes
- Contribute to strategy, frame and execute FO projects for business development
Summary of responsibilities
- Work closely with MARK/FIC/CRE Business Line (BL) in support of any global initiatives impacting the BL workflow
- Work independently and leverage across many teams/functions to assess issues, quantify their impact and provide suggestions for remediation
? Able to built a macro in a short period of time
? Perform regular production of the Front Office (FO) Risk Analysis
? Entry point for the trading teams regarding the FO Risk Analysis process and Profit &Loss
? Handle the main part of the special requests coming from Front Office
? Act as a buffer between Trading and MACC Paris regarding bigger projects requiring the intervention of other department (Research, regulation, Middle Office…)
? Report on a timely basis and escalate issues to management at the appropriate time.
? Work with Product controller teams in Paris and numerous teams within the bank
? Report alert to MACC UK management on timely manner
? Work with MACC UK for the production and the certification of MARK UK PnL
Graduate with a Master’s degree from Business School or University in Mathematics/ Finance,
You ideally have a previous experience in a bank or financial institution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills : to be able to communicate convincingly at all levels with the key decision makers in the relevant business lines and elsewhere within the investment bank
- Strong written documentation abilities
- Coordination skills (across MACC Paris team and the business)
- Understanding of Investment Banking market activities
- Compliant with confidentiality requirements
- Ability to work autonomously and be responsible for following matters through to completion
- Solution-focused, service-oriented and proactive
- Team player, enjoy sharing information
- Have a strong risk culture and reliable professional conduct
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.