At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Global Markets division (MARK) of SG Corporate and Investment Banking. MARK offers a cross-asset approach along all its offerings : Research, Investment & Risk Management Solutions, Execution and Prime Services to asset managers, pension funds, companies, private banks, insurance companies, hedge funds, family offices, sovereign funds and distributors worldwide.
The position offered is to work with the Global Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the new SG Capital Market Business within XSF (Cross-Asset Secured Financing perimeter)
This business is the result of Newedge’s integration within SG (GBIS) and we are currently building the organisation globally (EMEA, APAC, AMER) to correctly support it.
Cross Asset Secured financing is a global team within Capital markets that provides financing, collateral management and securities lending across all asset classes within MARK. It is composed of:
- Securities Financing Services (SFS)
- Clearing Collateral Management (CCM)
- Agency Lending (LMA)
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Objectives and goals:
- Assist the global COO of XSF
- Assist the global head of XSF
- Be innovative and contribute to the development of the XSF business
Summary of responsibilities
For the COO team (attached to the Front-Office), and for this VIE position, the main responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure the Control framework is settled with regards to SG best practices
- Fulfill regulators requirements (local and international regulators)
- Develop new Monitoring Tools on this new sub-business line
- Directly Take in charge some key projects for our business (either trading or sales oriented)
- Manage Presentation for Trading Management.
- Support other COOS in the governance & the monitoring of several projects linked to Newedge’s integration within SG (GBIS)
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
Graduate with a Master degree from Business school or University, majoring in Finance.
You are fluent in English and French.
You are proficient in Office application (Excel, powerpoint)
Your career path
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.