At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Finance division of Global Banking & Investors Solutions (GBIS).
Societe Generale Securities Services (SGSS) is a business line of Societe Generale and is a pan-European asset services provider offering a full range of securities services to Asset Managers, Asset Owners, Financial Institutions and Corporates in all of the major European financial centres . Key SGSS products include:
Custody & Trustee services
Fund Administration & Asset Servicing
Fund Distribution, liquidity Management
Issuer Services & Clearing services
Outsourcing solutions for asset manager
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The Client Segment Manager is responsible for the articulation and execution of the SGSS business development strategy for a particular type of client and ensuring this is aligned with SGSS strategic goals.
There are four main client segments; Asset Managers, Asset Owners, Banks & Corporates and Alternative Investors. The Client Segment Manager is responsible for defining the go-to-market strategy and value proposition, driving client solutions, influence product development priorities, managing the profitability of new business and engaging with relevant clients and prospects in the segment.
Summary of responsibilities
· Develop a Go-To-Market strategy for the client segment, defining “Where to Play” and “How to Win” over the short, medium and long term by analysing in each location;
· Market trends, client business drivers, growth opportunities and regulatory developments
· Identify SGSS positioning for the client segment in each location, articulating; strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats
· Identify cross-sell opportunities where SGSS can work with other entities in the SG Group to enhance our overall position and opportunities within the client segment
· Lead the development of a Product Roadmap for the client segment in collaboration with ENG, to include; new solutions and developments to existing products and services, based on client needs and requirements, which is consistent with our existing operating model and procedures
· Identify adaptations required to globalise local product offers and drive execution through collaboration with ENG and other stakeholders
· Identify local adaptations required for global product offers taking into account local requirements and regulations in collaboration with ENG and other stakeholders
· Evaluate product gaps between existing product capabilities versus client and regulatory requirements and recommend and prioritise adaptations accordingly
· Ensure a high level of engagement with clients to understand their business needs in detail and synthesise these to act as the “Voice of the Client” within SGSS
· Support the new sales and revenue retention processes by delivering superior insight on our value proposition through participation at client meetings in coordination with COV and develop related ‘thought leadership’ for industry events and conferences
· Educate COV and other internal teams on product capabilities and solutions, including unique selling points, target client characteristics and profitability drivers
· Contribute to the Sales Planning process to define key prospects and product revenue targets for the segment by location, in coordination with COV, ENG, GSF and MKT
· Support the sales process, in particular through; participation in the Deal Review process and coordination of RFP responses with COV, attendance at associated workshops and sales meetings with COV
· Drive financial results for the segment by leading execution of the Sales Plan with COV and others as required
· Is responsible for Client Segment P&L management and pricing approval, taking risks into account and ensuring alignment with profitability targets and managing any exception signoffs
· Analyse deal profitability with Pricing Manager to define & validate client prices as per standard pricing process, in collaboration with ENG (Product Costs) and COV (Revenues)
· Contribute to marketing initiatives in coordination with MKT and in line with SGSS strategy, to ensure that our brand profile, positioning and key messages on capability and value proposition, are communicated in the markets we service.
· Develop streamlined customer-facing messaging to clearly convey the SGSS strategy for the segment, in multiple media including; events and trade shows, webinars, articles, presentations and conference speeches.
Graduate with a Master’s degree from Business/Engineering School or University in Economics/Finance/Mathematics
You ideally have a previous experience in a bank or financial institution.
- ability to apply logic to solve problems and to get the job done.
- skills in operating a computer and the MS applications.
Client (internal & external) Service
- ability to anticipate a client’s needs and respond to them in a timely and courteous manner.
- ability to develop new strategies and to think outside the box in order to get the job done.
- ability to anticipate consequences of situations or implications of certain actions, and then to respond appropriately.
About Société Générale
Présente dans 76 pays auprès de 30 millions de clients, La Société Générale est l'une des plus importantes entreprises de services financiers, notamment en Europe. Grand acteur historique en France dont le siège social est à Paris, La Société Générale propose une large gamme de services bancaires grâce à ses enseignes La Société Générale, Boursorama et Crédit du Nord.
Mobilisée sur les secteurs de la banque de détail, services financiers et assurances mais également banque d'investissement et banque privée, La Société Générale propose des opportunités de carrières diverses et variées telles que la gestion de projet, l'analyse trading, l'audit ou encore le développement informatique. Bénéficiez de cette expertise pour construire votre avenir grâce à de nombreuses offres de stages et VIE à l'international.
La Société Générale vous invite à contribuer à la banque de demain en proposant un parcours professionnel adapté aux envies des jeunes talents. C'est plus de 600 métiers qui sont représentés au sein du groupe partout en France et à l'international. Du Royaume-Uni, à la Suisse en passant par New York ou l'Ile-de-France, tout jeune diplômé peut trouver une place et devenir acteur de la banque de demain.