At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Global Finance entity of SG Corporate and Investment Banking. We provide our issuer clients (corporates, financial institutions, public sector) with capital raising solutions, along with structured financing and commodities, forex and interest rate hedging. Developing tailor-made products and providing strategic advice (capital structure advisory, financing schemes and capital markets) based on our worldwide expertise and in-depth sectorial knowledge, we aim to meet their financing needs. We are a top player across euro debt capital markets and won many international accolades over the years as a worldwide leader in export, project and natural resources & energy finance.
Description of the Business Line or Department
Within the investment banking division of SG CIB, the Debt Capital Markets (DCM) platform helps clients raise funds in the international bond markets through an advisory-driven approach.
Within DCM, the Capital Markets Engineering (CME) team provides structuring and execution advice on Hybrid Debt, Green Bonds, and Liability Management for banks, insurers, corporates and certain public sector entities.
- Hybrid Debt includes Tier 2 and Additional Tier 1 regulatory capital instruments for banks, Restricted Tier 1 and Tier 2 instruments for insurers, and subordinated bonds for corporate issuers
- Green Bonds enable capital-raising for new and existing projects with environmental benefits
- Liability management encompasses repurchases and exchanges of outstanding bonds, as well as consent solicitations
The team is split between Paris and London, and covers SG clients in Europe, but also CEEMEA and Asia.
- As a DCM CME team member, you will work closely with CME structurers and DCM originators providing support in the preparation of marketing & advisory presentations (e.g. financial analysis and modelling, analysis of market conditions, primary activity).
- Depending on the level of experience, the candidate may also be involved in the execution of mandates, interacting with SG syndicate and legal teams.
The VIE will be based in London, and the VIE is expected to work with both the London and the Paris teams.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Assist the team in preparing marketing materials & executing transactions
- Build a strong experience on Debt Capital Markets and Capital Markets Engineering products
- Ensure permanent monitoring of the market (deal flows, news flow, ...)
Summary of responsibilities
- Help prepare marketing materials for client pitches
- Update existing databases for hybrid bonds, green bonds and liability management transactions
- Draft weekly newsletter on hybrid bond market, including market and regulatory updates
- Prepare research tools: re-useable spreadsheets, templates, deal reports...
- Draft morning meeting minutes
- Update credentials
THE VIE ASSIGNMENT IN A NUTSHELL
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
Graduate with a Master degree from Business school or University, majoring in Finance.
A previous experience in Investment Banking or Insurance would be appreciated.
You are fluent in English.
You are proficient in Office application
- Good notions of fixed income
- Attention to detail
Your career path
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English