Societe Generale group has been operating in Poland since 1976 which makes it one of the foreign banks with the longest presence in the country. It provides services in the area of corporate and investment banking (Societe Generale S.A. Branch in Poland), insurance (Sogecap S.A. Branch in Poland and Sogessur S.A Branch in Poland) and leasing (ALD Automotive and SG Equipment Leasing).
The Global Banking and Advisory area within SG combines functions related to investment banking (M&A. ECM, DCM) and corporate, project and infrastructure financing as well as customer relationship banking.
Tasks and responsibilities:
· Participation in the preparation of various materials, reports and presentations;
· Participation in contacts with other business areas of the bank (financial markets, transaction banking);
· Support in modelling business plans and valuation of companies;
· Monitoring the capital market for potential M&A and financing transactions;
· Support in the execution of projects for the bank's clients, including M&A, ECM, DCM and debt financing.
Studies & experience:
· Student status for the entire duration of the internship (ideally students from the 3rd year of studies in economics, who planned to start the internship - summer 2021);
· Availability - min. 30 hours per week.
· Previous experience in transaction advisory, investment banking or consulting would be a plus.
· Very good command of spoken and written English;
· Polish – advanced/native;
· Other language would be considered a plus.
Technical, operational & Soft skills:
· Good knowledge of MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel);
· Knowledge of capital markets;
· Analytical and structured thinking skills;
· Written and oral communication skills;
· Ability to work in a team and under time pressure;
· Networking skills.
Why join us
Société Générale Poland is a multi-category bank offering every employee the possibility to have several careers in a professional career path. Internal mobility and training are two core areas we focus on, in a dynamic, prosperous and evolving context.
· Responsibilities largely dependent on the ambitions of the candidate;
· 12 months internship with possibility of extension;
· Work in a pleasant atmosphere and dynamic, challenging environment;
· Sports, health and integration initiatives;
· Work in an international structure;
· Attractive salary;
· Contact with capital markets.
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your studies, various opportunities could be offered to you, in Poland and abroad.
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: SG CIB
Starting date: 2021/06/15
Publication date: 2021/04/28