What will I be doing?
Our Private Client Tax Services team can deal with compliance obligations and reporting requirements while also advising on domestic and international issues through our Nexia International network. The team also work closely with other practices within Smith & Williamson such as the investment managers, financial planners and pension’s specialists which complement and enhance the advice we can offer.
As part of our Private Client Tax Team you will combine hands on practical experience which could be advising on tax efficient strategies or helping clients with financial planning whilst studying.
Duties of the Tax Trainee role are as follows:
- Preparation of accounts and tax returns for basic trusts
- Preparation of Repayment Claim Forms and basic Tax Returns for individuals
- Dealing with correspondence from clients/HMRC and other third parties
- Advising clients of their forthcoming tax liabilities including writing to clients and 3rd parties where necessary
- Billing clients in a timely manner for the work we have carried out on their behalf
- Setting up new clients and dealing with the disengagement of departing clients
- Organisation of workload to ensure an efficient and timely service
What training and development will I receive in my first few years?
During your training contract you will study towards the ATT and CTA qualifications.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the ATT and CTA qualifications
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness
- Must have or be on course for at least an upper second class honours degree in any discipline
- 300 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies)
- GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade B