SIXT is one of the biggest technology driven mobility companies in the world. Our SIXT share team is responsible for helping our customers quickly find exactly the right Share car right where they are and be on the road. While that sounds simple, a lot of complexity needs to be orchestrated under the hood, such as safely initiating opening the car via the App. We are looking for an experienced Java engineer who loves designing, building and managing complex systems to match the scale of our global business in the Cloud. We are coding the future of mobility! SIXT stands for success, agility, ownership and an intercultural team. Apply now and join our journey and become a part of the SIXT family.
DO WHAT YOU LOVE
· You will be responsible for designing, building and evolving end-to-end distributed systems for SIXT share on the cloud
· You will build APIs and tooling that power up both consumer-facing and internal-facing products
· You will optimize heavily loaded systems for scale, performance and resiliency
· You will participate in on-call rotations and be available for escalations ensuring that our team's critical services are always up
· You will collaborate effectively with teammates, technical and business partners
COME AS YOU ARE
· You have experience in a technology sophisticated environment such as building cloud-native applications, solving scalability challenges, designing event-driven solutions - ideally in a startup dynamic setting
· You have strong development and architecture experience in Java and frameworks such as Spring Boot and you have proven experience in building cloud-native applications
· You have good understanding of event-driven platforms, pub-sub and messaging using brokers such as Kafka, NSQ or Kinesis
· You have extensive troubleshooting experience and you feel comfortable using both IDEs and Linux shell
· You have strong software development experience and describe yourself as a team player
Working at SIXT not only means creating the future of mobility, but also offers personal benefits. This means especially for you: 30 days of vacation, no dress code, choose your own device, support for pension plans & capital-forming benefits, mobility allowance of 20€/month and flexible working hours. Due to the current situation, we are of course working completely in mobile work wherever possible. But even under normal conditions, from now on you can decide from where you want to approach your work: Up to 50% of your monthly working time you can work completely mobile and from anywhere. In addition, we offer you a super international working environment, numerous trainings for your individual development, participation in external conferences and we even organize internal dev & tech talks. Our Feel Good Manager will be happy to help you with the organization or to assist you when you move to Germany from abroad and need to organize visas or other administrative procedures. It's also important to balance out your work: That's why you have access to our employee restaurant (and yes, we insist on restaurant, because it's too high quality for a canteen) as well as various recreational opportunities such as the gaming area, the SIXT soccer team or the SIXT choir - to name just a few. In addition, of course, employee benefits for SIXT rent, share, ride and SIXT+, discounts with partners for travel, technology, clothing, etc. as well as free cyber sports courses. In addition, your colleagues are pretty awesome. Which is important when you spend so much time together, and besides, no wonder when you get a bonus for referring friends as new employees. If something does bother you, you'll always have someone to confide in through regular feedback sessions, employee surveys or our psychological hotline through the Fürstenberg Institute. Otherwise, we live "work hard, play hard" - our parties are legendary! We also demand and promote DiverSIXTy, a corporate culture of acceptance, appreciation, and respect, in which everyone can develop their personality and ideas.
More about the department
Engineers take cutting note: cutting edge technology is waiting for you! We don't buy, we primarily do it all ourselves: all core systems, whether in the area of car sharing, car rental, ride hailing and much more, are developed and operated by SIXT itself. Our technical scope ranges from cloud and on-site operations through agile software development. We rely on state-of-the-art frameworks and architectures and strive for a long-term technical approach. Exciting? Then apply now!
More about the company
We are one of the world’s leading mobility service providers with sales of close to EUR 1.53 billion and around 7,000 employees worldwide. Our mobility platform ONE unites our products SIXT rent (car rental), SIXT share (car sharing), SIXT ride (taxi and chauffeur services), SIXT+ (car subscription) and gives our customers access to a fleet of 205,400 vehicles, the services of 1,500 partners and 1.5 million drivers worldwide. Together with our franchise partners, we operate in more than 110 countries with around 2,070 rental stations. At SIXT, a first-class customer experience and outstanding customer service come first. We rely on real entrepreneurship and long-term stability and align our company strategy with foresight. You want to revolutionize the world of mobility and take off with us? Apply now!