The Senior Manager/Head of Construction & Interior Design primary responsibility is to coordinate the process of building Sixt locations, from design, planning to construction including managing budget and timelines. Focus is set on the interior build out of retail spaces as well as exterior and parking signage. This person will be the liaison between Operations, HQ and external vendors.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· In charge of construction & interior projects from concept to execution while maintaining Corporate Identity in all phases
· Act as an intermediary between Operations, HQ and vendors
· Budget and time management
· Determine and define scope of work and deliverables. Predict resources needed to complete project
· Create and/or review plans and renderings
· Prepare project status reports and release of construction funds, create action plans as needed to meet objectives and respond to unforeseen
· Vendor Management: vendor selection and evaluation, conducting bid processes, budget, quality and schedule review
· Review and comment on construction schedules as well as other relevant documents to meet standards, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, building permits, zoning approvals, ADA compliance, and site surveys
· Bachelor’s in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field required
· Minimum of three years of experience in the design, construction or management of construction projects
· First-hand experience in managing projects and teams
· Ability to read and understand architectural drawings, knowledge in usage of AutoCAD, Revit, 3D Max, Photoshop, and InDesign, is a plus
· Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and relationship building skills
· Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
· Excellent time management skills
· Must have the ability to adapt in a fast paced environment
· Must be able to travel 20-30%
· Must have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record
· Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Why Choose Sixt?
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by an extensive benefits package including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision and 401(k), Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Basic Life and Supplemental Life benefits and future growth opportunities within the company
More about the department
Global operations development is the central interface between the global SIXT station network and the SIXT campus in Pullach near Munich. The team's aim is to inspire customers by continuously identifying potential improvements and sustainably increasing efficiency of the rental process. Optimisation potential in the station network is identified through targeted analysis, benchmarking, and best practice exchanges, and implemented in cross-departmental and international projects. In addition to the planning, execution and implementation, there are regularly reviews to check the implementation and application of the measures through targeted control of the results.
More about the company
SIXT stands for exciting mobility and customer tailored solutions. With nearly $1,8 billion in revenue and a presence in over 110 countries worldwide, it is no wonder we are a global leader in the car rental industry. In the USA alone, we are experiencing over 30% growth for the last several years, which provides great career opportunities in the future for the right candidates. Founded as a small car rental company in Pullach near Munich, Germany, today at SIXT we unite all our mobility products SIXT rent (car rental), SIXT share (car sharing), SIXT ride (taxi and chauffeur services), SIXT+ (car subscription) all in a single mobility platform ONE, which gives our customers access to a fleet of 205,400 vehicles, the services of 1,500 partners and 1.5 million drivers worldwide. SIXT hires with a focus on service-oriented, entrepreneurial team players, who are excited about interacting with customers and colleagues from all over the world. SIXT is more than just renting cars. We have a passion for style, technology, innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit.