SIXT is one of the biggest technology-driven mobility companies in the world. We will add a number of attractive services to our mobility portfolio in the near future. Our SIXT App is the central interface for our services: It allows customers to plan their journeys, open and close cars via telematics, review their usage data, and much more. It is built on a state-of-the-art infrastructure: Cloud-native, microservices-based, event-driven – you name it. We are looking for an experienced Go developer (m/f/d) to drive extending and partly refactoring and rebuilding existing services and adding new ones to allow seamless integration. Scalability, very high availability and low operational cost are the key requirements. Defining slim, yet powerful interfaces and maturing them with our partners will be an important part of the work. We are engineering the future of mobility! SIXT stands for success, agility, ownership and an intercultural team. Apply now and join our journey and become a part of the SIXT family
DO WHAT YOU LOVE
· You will be responsible for designing, building and evolving customer-facing distributed systems for our platform on the cloud
· You will work on event-driven systems and keep yourself up to date with the latest technologies to help you create scalable and resilient software
· You will work in a diverse, international team using agile methodologies, constantly striving to improve team collaboration and processes
· You will participate in on-call rotations and be available for escalations ensuring that our team's critical services are always up
· You will collaborate effectively with teammates, technical and business partners, internally and externally
COME AS YOU ARE
· You have experience in a technology environment, building cloud-native applications, solving scalability challenges, designing event-driven solutions - ideally in a dynamic startup setting
· You have several years of development experience in Go and building distributed applications
· You have already designed distributed systems, worked on microservices architectures and developed large-scale interfaces used by many partners
· You are translating software requirements into stable, working, high performance software with excellent communication skills
· You have experience working with data privacy and data security, putting the safety of that data first while building software
Working at SIXT not only means creating the future of mobility, but also offers personal benefits. This means especially for you: 30 days of vacation, no dress code, choose your own device, support for pension plans & capital-forming benefits, mobility allowance of 20€/month and flexible working hours. Due to the current situation, we are of course working completely in mobile work wherever possible. But even under normal conditions, from now on you can decide from where you want to approach your work: Up to 50% of your monthly working time you can work completely mobile and from anywhere. In addition, we offer you a super international working environment, numerous trainings for your individual development, participation in external conferences and we even organize internal dev & tech talks. Our Feel Good Manager will be happy to help you with the organization or to assist you when you move to Germany from abroad and need to organize visas or other administrative procedures. It's also important to balance out your work: That's why you have access to our employee restaurant (and yes, we insist on restaurant, because it's too high quality for a canteen) as well as various recreational opportunities such as the gaming area, the SIXT soccer team or the SIXT choir - to name just a few. In addition, of course, employee benefits for SIXT rent, share, ride and SIXT+, discounts with partners for travel, technology, clothing, etc. as well as free cyber sports courses. In addition, your colleagues are pretty awesome. Which is important when you spend so much time together, and besides, no wonder when you get a bonus for referring friends as new employees. If something does bother you, you'll always have someone to confide in through regular feedback sessions, employee surveys or our psychological hotline through the Fürstenberg Institute. Otherwise, we live "work hard, play hard" - our parties are legendary! We also demand and promote DiverSIXTy, a corporate culture of acceptance, appreciation, and respect, in which everyone can develop their personality and ideas.
More about the department
Engineers take cutting note: cutting edge technology is waiting for you! We don't buy, we primarily do it all ourselves: all core systems, whether in the area of car sharing, car rental, ride hailing and much more, are developed and operated by SIXT itself. Our technical scope ranges from cloud and on-site operations through agile software development. We rely on state-of-the-art frameworks and architectures and strive for a long-term technical approach. Exciting? Then apply now!
More about the company
We are one of the world’s leading mobility service providers with sales of close to EUR 1.53 billion and around 7,000 employees worldwide. Our mobility platform ONE unites our products SIXT rent (car rental), SIXT share (car sharing), SIXT ride (taxi and chauffeur services), SIXT+ (car subscription) and gives our customers access to a fleet of 205,400 vehicles, the services of 1,500 partners and 1.5 million drivers worldwide. Together with our franchise partners, we operate in more than 110 countries with around 2,070 rental stations. At SIXT, a first-class customer experience and outstanding customer service come first. We rely on real entrepreneurship and long-term stability and align our company strategy with foresight. You want to revolutionize the world of mobility and take off with us? Apply now!