An IT System Administrator is required to support developments in the Software Development Environments used by Space Systems software engineers in the UK to develop on-board software. You will work through Scrum sprint cylces with other talented developers and testers within the customers facilities.
The role will involve:
· Working in a team to bring new applications and capabilities into the existing Software Development Environment (SDE) using Atlassian tool set.
· Configuring the IT Infrastructure utilising physical and virtual servers.
· Configure and test the client applications (Linux and Windows) and work with the end users to ensure that the tools are correctly integrated with other applications in the SDE tool chain.
· Ensure that backup and disaster recovery is built into the solution
· Supporting the user community as they migrate their work to the new applications.
· Documentation of the solution.
PROFILE & SKILLS
· Have previous experience in the IT industry administering/operating software engineering tools.
· Linux system administration skills, preferably Red Hat
· Have experience of administering applications in both Linux and Windows environments
· Be a good communicator with a proven record of working in IT teams to deliver solutions to business teams
· Ideally have experience providing IT solutions for software engineering design and development teams.
· Previous experience of installing and configuring Jenkins and Atlassian tools (JIRA/Confluence/Crowd) is desirable.
Get a mail digest of vacancies that match your profile!
Thousand of vacancies are available for you on Wizbii :)