Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
The Wayside Engineer on Wayside Projects works independently to support the development of documents which are required for creating an operational and safe signaling system. He / she supports projects in product-specific, configuration-related issues.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
As the Wayside Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
· Quality, completeness and consistency of the drawn-up documents
· Conformity of his / her activities with the defined processes, guidelines and project-specific requirements
· Compliance with deadlines and costs with respect to activities in the project
· Support the development of documents in accordance with the specifications for the signaling and safety system in question and the requirements of the customer, considering the defined processes and guidelines and using the defined tools.
· Product submittals, preparing cable plans, track plans, route & aspect chart
· Calculations like LSR Time Calculations, Lock Time Calculations, Approach Clearing Calculations, Power and Battery Load Calculations, Cable Calculations.
· Generate circuit designs, based on standard design parameters.
· Support the internal interfaces with the respective partners in departments of development, project execution, test center and with other internal partners (Competent)
· Support the external interfaces with assessors, onshore partners (regional unit, customer, installation companies, etc.) and other external partners (Competent)
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· You have bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in electrical / electronic engineering with railways specific specialization
· You carry 6 to 11 years of relevant experience
· You have technical knowledge on main subsystems of a railway turnkey project, especially in Wayside Projects
· Your knowledge of engineering processes and communication skills to interface different departments will be important
· You are willing to work as team member in international projects.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/in/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time