Technology driven, problem solvers
Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
· Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
· Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
· Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
· Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
· Competitive total rewards package.
· Profit sharing available.
· Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
· Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
· Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
· Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
· Employee perks and discounts.
· Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
· Performing wiring checkout, system start-ups and programming, utilizing commissioning tools provided and graphics creation database management
· May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required. Acts as a liaison with other contractors/subcontractors where necessary to ensure site operations are fully coordinated
· Completing final critical adjustments, calibration and commissioning reports on systems, following installation and preliminary set up
· Makes recommendations to supervisor regarding changes, improvements or installation of systems on basis on own findings in the course of assignments
· Works towards the project schedule and work package received from the supervisor and/or project manager and maintains regular communication on the status and execution of the projects assigned
· If improper operation is due to another component of the system rather than the company’s product the problem is discussed with customer contractor supervisor project manager and advises of best course of action to accomplish correction of trouble
· Participates in job site final walk on assigned jobs and or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs. Completes all job closeout documentation per Acceptance process policy as well as any RMA and warranty labor relief
· Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch. Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and other Service Technicians as applicable
· Presents a professional image of Siemens when communicating with customers all levels at all times. Establish a good working relationship with all customers and adheres to the company dress code
· Completes and submits timesheets expenses and other necessary information weekly ensuring a minimum productivity level
· All other related tasks as required
What will you need to succeed?
· Have one of the following diplomas: DEP, AEC or DEC degree in electronics or fire safety
· Proficient in using Microsoft Office and knowledge of PC applications
· Good knowledge of building systems and relevant standards
· Proven diagnostic skills able to systematically identify and resolve technical problems
· Self-motivated, patient and calm under pressure
· Autonomy, resourcefulness and organizational skills
· Valid driver’s license is essential
· CFAA certification completed or in process
· Very good knowledge of French both written and spoken
· Good knowledge of English both written and spoken
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca .
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca .