Performs system testing and troubleshooting of complex Train Control Systems. As a System Engineer you will be responsible for developing various technical documents. You will also conduct field activities such as lead and witness functional performance testing and construction inspections. A successful individual should be very familiar with various mechanical, electrical and controls systems.
• Develop technical documents that include plans, procedures and reports as well as troubleshooting guides
• Completes complex planning of detailed testing and field activities for Positive Train Control (PTC) and/or Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) systems.
• Attend and participate in project and constructions team meetings
• Lead and attend functional performance tests in field.
• Identify and report all System or project issues, diligently following up on these issues with the System Engineering team until the issue is resolved
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS/BA in engineering, or advanced degree
• 0-5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
• Knowledge of Positive Train Control (PTC) and Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) systems a plus
• Has experience in developing and Validating Train Control software.
• Experience writing technical reports and documents
• Excellent technical writing and communication skills with the ability to translate and speak to technical document to all levels involved in the project, both internally and externally.
• Ability to take ownership in the process, while working with others to meet the projects goals and assure the project’s success.
• Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work cross functionally with other groups within the Siemens organizations and project partners to achieve the projects goals successfully.
• The ability to manage conflict, by working with all parties to find successful solutions to issues that may arise throughout the process and is able to facilitate alternatives to find the best resolution to the issue at hand.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .