Strategy & Business Development Internship (12 Months)
Internship Manchester (Manchester) Marketing
Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of Business Development? Join our Intern Development Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your year in industry with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future. Not really sure who Siemens are and what we do? Click here to find out.
The Digital Industries business develops and supports engineering solutions to our customers to automate industrial processes in industries such as Utilities, Food and Beverage, Automotive, Aerospace, Conveying to name a few.
Working with our Business Development and Management Team on key business projects for the 12-month duration, you will be required to work in a flexible environment to operate across a number of disciplines from Sales and Marketing to Business Improvement. The role is also expected to support strategic projects for business units or market segments with a clear business benefit, which will help both you and Siemens gain the most out of the programme. Our products and services are helping customers deliver increasingly innovative products, in a batch size of one, to their customers at the same quality, cost and delivery of a mass produced product, while continually reducing the carbon footprint and environmental impact of Industry on our planet.
Don't just take our word for it, have a watch of this video from one of our previous Business Development Interns Gareth! (Please note however, this role will be home-based initially due to COVID-19 although we hope you will eventually get to work outstanding HQ in Manchester!)
Embark on your 12-month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic intern development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in Business Development.
Here is a taste of what you can expect from this internship:
· Market/Competitor Analysis - Undertake Industry market & competitor analysis.
· Maintain business segment information to support strategy and business development.
· Support identification of white space to optimise resource and maintain online market information channels, publishing updated information on market trends and competitors
· Information Management - Own and manage online channels for internal distribution of marketing information.
· Administer and further improve Business Development communication channels & promote information sharing across Management Team.
· Update and maintain focus vertical market intranet pages and explore mechanism of useful interaction through Siemens social media platforms
· Support "Vision 2020+" strategy and work closely with the sales and business management team in all areas to ensure success
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
· Studying towards a 2:2 or above in Business Management, Business Studies or Marketing.
· Experience of working in an online environment with knowledge of relevant web development tools
· Experience of desktop publishing and familiarity with document management and customer relationship management
· Capable of operating and collaborating closely at all different levels including managerial, project and technical
· Ideally you will have intermediate/advanced level Excel/PowerPoint skills
· Analytical with a keen eye for detail as well as being an excellent team player whilst also maintaining an independent perspective
· You will have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the intern development programme will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Business Development. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £20,225 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time