· Manchester, United Kingdom
Share This Job
We are currently looking for a Stores Coordinator to join our Siemens Rolling Stock team based in Ardwick, Manchester. As a Stores Coordinator you will ensure that the general management of materials is in accordance with the defined procedures and the Stores operation meets the requirement of the Production plan.
· Stock control utilizing the stock management system
· Receive, dispatch, inspect and issue materials
· Update the relative order/materials databases
· Ensure Stores security is maintained
· Monitor status of depot fire equipment
· Assist technical staff in the identification of materials and raise order requests
· Receive local SAP orders on behalf of all depot personnel and distribute as required
· Assembling, packing materials/goods according to logistical demands/programs in order to support timely handing of the dispatch orders
· Loading and unloading of the trucks in a careful manner in order to ensure the released goods are moved and stored without damage and in line with manual guidelines
· Daily and weekly checks of all technical devices and systems used for handling materials are carried out in order to ensure a high safety standard and long economic life-time
· Completing regular checks of the different storage facilities by using visual checks and testing storage conditions such as environment, weight, size, type of goods in order to ensure that the material is stored correctly and if necessary to able to take corrective action at an early stage
· Ensuring that materials are picked in accordance to the maintenance exams of the trains and that the items are delivered from the Stores, taking into consideration legislation and procedures, are supplied in good time to the receiving units
· Request outside agencies for transportation of material through authorised accounts to move material to other depot/suppliers
· Full Collaboration with internal/ external customer to meet current needs and explore opportunities for mutual benefit.
· Develop a relationship with the customer that provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities.
· Implement safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility.
· Understand, implement and comply with the Siemens Rolling Stock HSQE policies.
· Communicate health and safety responsibilities to your team (or virtual team) and ensure employees raise issues and participate in implementation of agreed changes.
· Fully participate and engage in RL behavioural safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely.
· Engage with HSQE team to agree targets and priorities to communicate and cascade to team.
· Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
· Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and any others affected by one's own acts or omissions.
· Actively participate in our 3is improvement programme and drive implementation of improvements from the team.
· Continuously develop cross functional and departmental processes.
· Behaviours Full Exhibit the Siemens Rail Systems behaviours throughout your Siemens career
· Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
· Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies and ‘Tell Us' ethos. Implement in areas of responsibility.
· Full This role profile may vary from time to time in accordance with changes to business needs. Your annual objective setting with your line manager will outline any additional responsibilities to meet business requirements or individual development needs for the forthcoming financial year.
· Interfaces with the Head of Rolling Stock Materials and direct reports; Materials, Fleet Delivery Managers internally and Unipart Rail and other external suppliers.
Qualifications, Experience & Technical Know-How
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Good level of computer literacy
· Good organisational and time management skills
· Warehouse and/or logistical experience
· Driving License
· Fork Lift License
· Previous experience in a Stores role
· Basic engineering knowledge
We're Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered withVERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 121916
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Share This Job
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019