We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation.
For more than 35 years, ground breaking technologies and business models engineered and developed by Siemens Turkey R&D department contributes to the global success of Siemens.
Our R&D activities focused on the fields of electrification, automation and digitalization, provides end-to-end support to our global customers on their unique digital transformation journey.
We aim to increase our strength on solution and product development with world class SW development experts, with the vision to be the digitalization partner for our global customers.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
We, as the Smart Grid organization within Siemens Turkey R&D, are focusing on research and development of software products and solutions for Energy Systems domain. We are mainly located in Ankara ODTU Teknokent and we are working together with worldwide partners.
We are seeking a Scrum Master who contributes building and sustaining a well performing software scrum team in energy area.
What are my responsibilities?
· Working within international software development teams across global locations to develop electrical power system modeling and analysis software with the main responsibility of enabling and coaching teams to achieve committed goals and to constantly improve the team's performance,
· Ensuring that the relevant “SAFe – Scaled Agile Framework” principles and ceremonies are understood and adhered to by the team (e.g. sprint planning, standups, sprint demo, retrospective, backlog refinement),
· Collaborating with SAFe coaches to grow within role,
· Guiding the team along all relevant process steps and ensuring that the team deliverables are in quality and compliant to the defined process framework,
· Supporting and coaching the team to keep focus and achieve transparency in its progress also towards external stakeholders,
· Supporting and coaching the team in removing or escalating impediments that the team cannot solve internally,
· Sustaining a timely and constructive cooperation of the team with the product owner and other stakeholders,
· Increasing team performance and value orientation by fostering reflection and continuous learning,
· Facilitating the team's creativity and self-empowerment to challenge product content definition and way of working,
· Sharing best practices and collaborating with other scrum teams,
· Supporting inter/multi team synchronization for large projects (e.g. scrum of scrum),
· Filling Scrum Master role in one or two team(s) which typically formed around 10 member(s) each including Architects, Product Owners, Developers and Testers,
· Driving the relentless improvement of the team,
· Taking ownerships in Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Electrical-Electronics Engineering or Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or comparable education),
· Minimum 3 years of experience in complex software development projects and methodologies,
· Proven 1+ year leadership or project management experience of agile/lean development methodologies (e.g. SAFe, Scrum),
· Proven 1+ year experience in international/intercultural or offshore teams,
· Certified in Agile practices (e.g. Scrum, SAFe),
· Experience in using ALM tools for tracking agile process (e.g. JIRA)
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
· Knowledge in design and development of distributed software systems,
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT,
· Awareness or experience with different Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Testing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
· Desired Soft skills:
· Excellent target group-oriented communication of complex issues and interpersonal communication,
· Able to approach other people, listen them and establish a trust environment,
· Able to guide the team to focus on positive team spirit and to overcome possible impediments,
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills,
· Strong self-organization including ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
· Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive and upbeat attitude,
· Committed to quality oriented, tidy and well documented business delivery,
· Committed to quality value creation,
· Eager to learn new technologies, tools and Energy domain know-how,
· Able to facilitate the collaboration between Global and Local teams,
· Comfortable interpreting and understanding initially unfamiliar concepts
What else do I need to know?
· Fluent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
· No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse “Digital Minds” to develop tomorrow’s reality.
As Siemens, we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. ODTU Teknokent Bölge Subesi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time