Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The Sales Estimator- Smart Buildings/Fire & Life Safety will focus on maintaining proper spreadsheets of test & inspection deficiencies, estimating, generating proposals, follow-up, data tracking, and inputting data into our CRM to drive growth of the service business.
· Completes sales estimates for sales team including project take-offs, specification interpretation, and associated activities.
· Prepares cost estimates and price quotations on new work and coordinates the preparation of cost estimates on project continuations
· Collects information from other functions, vendors, and subcontractors to complete sales quotations as needed.
· Leads, coordinates, and assumes responsibility for the timely generation and documentation of estimates and quotes utilized in the preparation of proposals for fire solutions and services.
· Activities will include bid project take-offs, interpretation of specifications, development of bill of materials (BOM), and other activities.
· Works with customers and employees to answer technical and pricing questions, preparation of technical quotes, some development and maintenance of technical documentation, customer expediting, and order entry.
· Assists Sales employees with site checks to gather required information needed for quotes and/or Sales presentations.
· Ensures accurate data movement into the SAP system and completes any required adjustments.
Coordinates wiring requirements with subcontractors on turnkey projects.
· High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred.
· 3+ years of experience estimating and quoting fire alarm and security systems preferred, but will consider candidates with related experience in a similar industry such as electrical
· Must have experience using an Estimating/Quoting system
· Demonstrable ability to comprehend, explain, and estimate labor and materials associated with the type of deficiencies related to fire alarm, fire sprinkler and security products.
· Ability to travel up to 10%
· Proficient with written and communication skills in English.
· Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
· Proficient with Microsoft Office.
· Competitive salary based on qualifications
· Health, dental, and vision plans with options
· Matching 401(k)
· Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
· Paid parental leave
· Company cell phone and laptop
· Extensive product training and professional career development
· Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
· Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .