We are currently looking for a Sales Engineer to work closely within the Enforcement Sales team, the Bids and Tendering department and the wider business, to ensure delivery of high quality, consistent winning enforcement bids, and effectively mobilising these to the project delivery teams. The Enforcement team are a centralised Siemens Mobility pillar that is responsible for the delivery of all ANPR enforcement for Siemens Mobility Limited, ensuring appropriate levels of governance and accuracy is applied to a winning strategy.
What are your responsibilities?
· Support the creation of winning tenders through full bid lifecycle from Bid/No-Bid through to customer negotiation and Contract Award, for bids ranging in value from £100k up to £50m+
· Support the definition and implementation of a winning bid strategy ensuring a breakdown and analysis of tender requirements and assisting with the coordination of all technical aspects of the estimation, risk identification and proposal creation process
· Preparation and coordination of engineering tender documentation ensuring high levels of consistency and quality, that adequately captures our offer, provides an accurate baseline for a future project, incorporates lessons learned, and mitigates company risks
· The development of contract specific specifications and documents to support the bids and tendering department
· Support the preparation of all review meeting materials and coordination of the close-out of all actions
· Ensuring that the technical aspects of bids and tenders are delivered within time, to specification
· Produce system solutions, supported where necessary with estimate calculations, that comply with the contract specification
· Propose cost-effective system architectures and implementation methodologies to help improve safety, reliability and throughput
· Ensure the bid meets customer specifications, safety regulations and design standards
· Supporting the business leads in pre and post bid submission negotiations with the client encompassing technical, financial, and commercial considerations
· Support the production and delivery of presentations (internal and external to the client) up to Senior management level
· Responsible for transferring knowledge from the tendering team to the Delivery team, verifying the tender and achieving scope stability and handover to Delivery
· Assist in improving company processes and standards within the Enforcement and Tendering Department
· Assist Bid Manager in bid preparation and support during client negotiations
· Provide office based technical back-up and support to Bid Managers
· Ensure that timely communication of all internal reports is met
· Ensure that Business Management System processes are adhered to
· Ensure early and continuous integration of the Purchasing function into the project
What do you need to qualify for the role?
· Experience in ANPR bids and projects
· Technical background in ANPR products and solutions
· A good understanding, preferably with experience, of the way in which ANPR projects are managed and delivered to influence, monitor, and challenge every aspect of the bid i.e, engineering, planning and project implementation
· Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a business or technically related discipline
· Ability to influence and negotiate with people at all levels within Siemens Mobility Limited, whilst fostering strong working relationships
· Commercially astute, whilst dealing with technical issues with a client
· Excellent communication skills both oral and written
· A pro-active individual with high energy levels, who is used to working under pressure and to tight/challenging deadlines
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Visio
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time