Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Robotics and Artificial Intelligence (AI) Intern .
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Robotics and AI Research Intern, you will be responsible for:
· Work on large-scale real-world problems related to robot planning using artificial intelligence
· Develop robust high-performance code in C++
· Research and advance the state-of-the-art in multi-DOF robot planning through papers and publications
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to develop your career with Healthineers.
· Current PhD-level student in Computer Science
· Experience with researching and implementing algorithms for multi-DOF robot planning
· Experience with C++ and open-source libraries like OpenCV and PyTorch
· Experience with ROS especially to work with robots/sensors is a plus
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Strong theoretical and practical background in Robotics and AI
· Excellent interpersonal skills with proven experience in team settings (such as hackathons)
· Coursework in artificial intelligence, machine learning and robot kinematics
· Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 or higher
· Must be currently enrolled in a PhD program
· Must feel comfortable working in a fully virtual environment and be available to work 40 hours/week during the summer
Start date: May 2021; 3-month duration.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about .
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .