Believe there's more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to college for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a qualification whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Talent Acquisition focuses on delivering the highest quality of hires to our business, we recruit for a wide variety of skills with particular focus on the engineering and technology sectors. At Siemens, we are taking on the tough projects and building infrastructure, often where there is none. We are busy energising the world and creating the digital future. We are a committed global team working in a culture of collaboration, inclusion and learning.
We are looking for enthusiastic and ambitious individuals to join our in-house Talent Acquisition team as an Apprentice working towards a recruitment qualification. The role will be based in our Siemens offices in Manchester.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will likely be a 3-year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the Level 5 HR Consultant Partner apprenticeship standard.
You will have the opportunity to both learn and develop your skills, working with the Talent Acquisition Team and focusing on supporting the end to end recruitment process across the UK businesses. Your main activities will be:
· Working closely with our Talent Acquisition (TA) Partners to ensure smooth handoff of relevant job requisitions (internal and volume)
· Supporting the recruitment process as per the strategy that has been agreed with the relevant TA Partner
· Supporting with marketing campaigns, website content and social media updates to promote the Siemens brand on social media channels and writing posts.
· Offer management with a focus on harmonisation of terms and conditions for internal candidates through strong knowledge of internal rewards
· Consultation with Hiring Managers on volume recruitment process, appropriate sourcing channels and guidance on relevant assessment and selection process
· Responsible for initial screening of candidates prior to Hiring Manager review (CV screening, telephone interviews as required)
· Assisting and coaching Hiring Managers with interview and assessment centre design and preparation
· Co-ordination and facilitation/support of Assessment Centres where required (volume) including preparation of relevant collateral
· Participating in projects and other tasks as agreed by TA Manager relating to volume and internal recruitment committees to drive excellence in the TA function
· Support the TA Partner on additional tasks to help manage increased volumes or ad hoc requests in line with the overall team model
· 5 GCSEs at grade C (grade 4) and above, including Maths and English
· 3 A Levels (or BTEC equivalent) at grade C or above.
· A strong interest in a career in Recruitment / Talent Acquisition.
· An interest in technology and being open to explore how it can improve our efficiency as a team.
· You will be enthusiastic and keen to learn and develop yourself.
· Innovative thinking – open to suggesting new ideas and ways of working
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to develop relationships with both internal and external customers.
· Able to prioritise and organise tasks effectively.
· Good telephone manner and professional approach.
The benefits of an apprenticeship:
· Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £16,000 at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
· Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
· Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
· Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
Travel may be required around the UK so you will need to be prepared to travel to our Siemens sites at multiple locations.
On completion of the apprenticeship, this could lead to a full-time position as a Talent Acquisition Consultant, and the possibility of further education and professional qualifications.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time