Siemens Wind Power and Gamesa have recently merged to create a leader in the renewable energy industry, to provide cleaner, more reliable and more affordable energy to society, and to create lasting value for all stakeholders. With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy now has an exciting opportunity for a Project Planner to work within our rapidly growing Offshore business. Based in our office in Frimley, you will be responsible for planning and monitoring progress of Projects in a standard & consistent format. The successful candidate should have solid experience within project planning and be an experienced user of Primavera.
What are my responsibilities?
The key responsibilities lie in developing, updating and maintaining the time schedule of an offshore wind turbine project. You will further be responsible for tasks connected to e.g. monthly internal reporting, client reporting and communication, proactive follow-ups, schedule analysis and key stakeholder alignment in regards to different planning deliverables.
Your responsibilities and duties will also include:
· Developing contractual and operational time schedules
· Preparing scenario planning to evaluate potential options
· Analyzing schedules and providing scenario plans for mitigation
· Maintaining the accuracy of project plans according with project objectives
· Analyzing the schedule variance, risk and opportunity
· Preparing and presenting data to influence programme decision making
· Coordinating with project team to accelerate tasks and resolve problems
· Supporting the Project Portfolio team with inputs from your project
· Giving feedback to the line organization on learnings and best practices
· Organize own workload to ensure your time is utilized effectively
What do I need to qualify for this job?
As a person you have a responsible approach to your work, taking ownership for what you do. You have a proactive, results-oriented focus; and are able to carry out your tasks in a dynamic environment. You are willing and capable of assuming additional responsibilities; to work autonomously, and to commit to stringent deadlines. It is important for this role that you have strong interpersonal skills as you will interact and work with people at all levels in the organization.
· Ideally you hold a MSc. degree within industry related fields, e.g. engineering or project management.
· Proven experience of working in major Projects (preferably from the Offshore or the Wind industry)
· You have experience from planning and control environments
· Potentially PMI-SP® certification
· Expert level using Primavera P6 version 6.2 or later
· Computer literacy, including all Microsoft Office applications
· Knowledge of Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement and Construction processes
· As a person you are proactive with a detail and process-oriented mindset
· Strong analytical skills demonstrated through ability to plan and prioritize
· You are able to work in an international environment having excellent English skills, both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Siemens est un groupe d’origine allemande créé en 1847 et présent depuis maintenant plus de 160 ans en France. Spécialisé dans la haute technologie, Siemens est présent dans plusieurs secteurs d’activité : l’industrie (automatismes, systèmes d’entraînement, équipements), l’énergie (éolien, production et transport d’électricité), la santé (imagerie et biologie médicale), les infrastructures urbaines (mobilité, logistique, gestion énergétique des bâtiments) et les services financiers (crédit-bail, solutions de financement de projets complexes), ainsi que dans l’électroménager.
En France, Siemens compte 7000 collaborateurs, répartis sur 7 sites industriels et 9 centres de recherche et développement. Siemens France a réalisé en 2013 un chiffre d’affaires de 2,1 milliads d’euros. Près d’un tiers a été enregistré à l’export. Qu’il s’agisse du domaine de l’ingénierie, du commerce, de la R&D ou encore de la production, Siemens propose de nombreuses offres aux jeunes diplômés, et notamment un Graduate Program.