· Orlando, United States of America
· Project Management
Gas and Power
As the Project Controls Engineer, you will be the center of contact for all project scheduling and project controls relevant topics. In addition, you will work close with all project stakeholders mainly with project management, Engineering, procurement and site execution.
· Develop of EPC integrated project schedules based on CPM; perform schedule updates and reviews; advise project team of potential project exposures and opportunities.
· Develop EPC project proposal schedules; perform scenarios: work close with the proposal project team and provide potential risks and opportunities for the bidding
· Maintain open communication with site staff and home office to ensure that all phases of the integrated schedule are updated (Engineering / Procurement / Construction & Commissioning); maintain oversight of the structure, maintenance, and validity of the project integrated schedule; provide schedule overview and analysis to project team.
· Provide forward looking schedule analysis, in order to identify schedule risks; make recommendations relating to schedule related risk mitigations, and demonstrate project impact by incorporating into the integrated project schedule.
· Conduct performance/resource loaded measurement activities, which include generation of curves earned value analysis, forecasting and other project performance metrics, per established processes and procedures; develop performance trending patterns.
· Generate reports required for input into monthly project review packages; provide custom reports as needed for project team or customer.
· Assist in the review of contracts, identify and comment on customer contract specific requirements related to schedule deliverables.
· Provide schedule development support to project proposal group, as needed.
· Position may involve extensive travel, and foreign or domestic on-site assignment for duration of projects.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelors Degree within engineering industry
· 5 years of industrial plant/large commercial plant EPC integrated schedule development experience.
· 2 years of experience in full life cycle EPC combined cycle power plant project schedule development using standard scheduling tools (P6).
· Experienced in providing full time on site schedule support for at least two combustion turbine or industrial plant projects, during all or most of the project construction and commissioning phases.
· Knowledge of engineering deliverables required in support of project procurement and erection activities.
· Knowledge of construction means and methods associated with plant construction.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Program (Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Ability to travel up to 20% Domestic/International- May fluctuate depending on business needs within jobsites to provide on-site project support, which may include full time site assignment.
· Position may require full time onsite job assignments (for duration of project) within domestic and international market.
· Proficiency with P6 software functions and capabilities.
· Knowledge in delay analysis and claims management
· Knowledge of Combustion Turbine plant erection sequence.
· Flexibility to work on job site on per business needs
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today's industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 180474
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019