We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us in Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock business as a Project Accountant to be based in Manchester. Working closely with the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of effective project accounting and commercial support for major Train Service Agreements. You will be working alongside the Operations teams for those projects as well as the Finance team to help deliver the financial and commercial aspects of the project.
Siemens have adopted the “new normal” working hours and working from home is recommended however there will be an expectation to be in Manchester at least 3 times a week.
This is your role and responsibilities
· Forecast – Completion of the monthly forecast, proposal of reasonable adjustments and submission
· Monthly Reporting - Reconciliations with SAP, variance analysis vs budget and forecast
· Ad hoc Models, Reports and Calculations
· POC (Percentage of Completion) Model - maintenance, reconciliation with current budget/forecast, raising of variances with the Commercial Manager for approval to change
· Budgeting - planning, co-ordinating and submitting budget
· Hedging and hedge accounting of all foreign currency exposures on projects. Ensuring that effects are appropriately forecast and unwound at correct time
· Monthly Financial Review meeting preparation and presentation
· Workflow & GRIR (Goods receipt/Invoice receipt) - Clearance, review and clearance of aged items
· IMAPP (Internal Siemens system) - Input of actuals, forecast, POC model phasing, risk register phasing
· EPIQ (internal system) - Update of forecast dates for milestones, actions, chase up and update to PMs. Monthly PSR (project status review) update prior comments update and profit bridge
· Month end – full month end close (including postings, accruals, provisions (with sign off from CPM)), raising of issues with CPM (Commercial Project Manager)
· Balance sheet reconciliation - monthly report per necessary G/L (general ledger), raising of issues with CPM
· NCCs - Raising of NCCs in the system and aid in set up of lessons learned with responsible manager/PM
· Raising of Invoicing & payment of supplier invoicing
· Maintenance of customer invoicing & PO register
· ICFR (Internal Control Financial Reporting) Controls - Creation of review/approval docs
· VOs (Variation orders) - Creation of offer doc and costing sheets with PM, aid PM in creation of the risk register
· Maintenance of task list and detailed plan for the month specific to role
· Risk register maintenance, ownership of portion of RR (Risk Register) risks and drive to mitigation with key stakeholders. Maintenance of risk register and submit changes for approval by CPM
· Update and price Additional Services log
· Act as CPM deputy
· Understanding of contract and identification of areas of concern or opportunities. Raise with CPM
· Review of performance regime periodic reporting and analysis with Performance team to identify trends
· Setting up of meetings for the project - financial review, quarterly review, risk register review. Publishing of minutes for these meetings for purposes of ICFR
· Support of variation order pricing
· Monthly cost reviews with budget holders, including full variance analysis
What do you need to qualify for the role?
· Part-Qualified / Qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) or equivalent with relevant experience in a project-based industry
· Knowledge and experience using SAP (essential)
· Understanding of POC (percentage of completion) Model would be an advantage
· Excellent accounting skills with ability to demonstrate understanding and interpretation of key financial statements
· Microsoft Office experience with Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
· Ability to demonstrate initiative with flexible and proactive approach to work as this role will involve working independently
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong willingness to learn and develop
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time