Together we are driving Mobility forward. We electrify, automate and digitalize. Join us and help us make real what matters.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Product Support Engineer to join our Rolling Stock business in the UK. Reporting to the Product Support Manager, you will provide engineering leadership in the conceptualization, bidding, planning and execution of rolling stock projects, in particular modifications and upgrades, either in support of customer enquiries or in the promotion of Siemens products and solutions. Additionally, to ensure that such activities maximize customer benefits, added value and economies of scale by devising platform concepts which offer both innovation and flexibility/adaptability to match customer needs.
This is your role. What part will you play?
· You will work with our customer to capture engineering project requirements, including modifications and upgrades, as a result of either specific enquiries or pro-active product improvement opportunities
· In response to defined customer needs or promotion of product developments, formalize engineering requirements through production of Technical Concepts, supporting specifications, bills of materials and validation plans where necessary, including technical liaison with specialist engineers and third party suppliers
· Evaluate project internal engineering costs, including estimation of resource and specialist engineering support, plus specification of external services on behalf of Procurement colleagues
· Ensure engineering is specified and delivered to relevant legislative, industry and company standards, including those relevant to both design and validation/acceptance requirements
· Support the bid and project management processes by providing engineering inputs such as risk evaluation and timescales
· Oversee ‘first in class’ or ‘first article’ project execution to ensure final design quality and compliance. Hand over to maintenance and technical support in preparation for project closure
What you need to make real what matters
· Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent demonstrable experience
· Proven experience and aptitude in electrical and mechanical design principles
· Effective organisational and time management skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrates the ability to analyse information effectively
· Excellent attention to detail
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time