Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of Information Technology? Join our Intern Development Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your year in industry with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future.
You will work for Siemens Digital Industries based in Manchester, in this exciting division of Siemens we: optimise our customers' processes, maximise their productivity and reduce their energy costs with our product range and Totally Integrated Automation solutions. The product areas which we sell to customers are Factory Automation, Control Products, Motion Control and Process Automation. You will be working within the ‘Business Knowledge Informatics’ department responsible for delivering change, transformation and improvement activity at all levels of the organisation.
Your internship will focus on IT improvement topics, supporting the team to determine, develop and deploy new IT initiatives whilst engaging & educating employees at all levels of the organisation and providing ongoing support for IT equipment. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with the business’ cross-functional teams to elicit requirements and identify potential IT improvements.
Embark on your 12-month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic intern development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in IT.
· Business Analysis & Improvement - You will play a key role in analysing our business, researching IT improvements and formulating proposals for the deployment of new hardware and software solutions in alignment with business objectives.
· Project Co-ordination - You will act as a liaison between the business and our IT department/ suppliers and assist with the development, acquisition and deployment of new IT infrastructure.
· Employee Engagement & Cultural Change - You will assist the project team in inspiring employee engagement and a culture of continuous improvement through the creation and delivery of workshops, presentations and drop-in sessions.
· Information Technology Support - You will work closely with employees to resolve queries and overcome technological issues, including being an IT ambassador responsible for ensuring the Sales teams are informed of any technological advancement and are fully equipped to win business.
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
· Studying towards a 2:2 or above in an IT or related discipline
· You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
· You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
· You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the intern development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/interns) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Information Technology. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £17,500 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time