Head of Training Services – Siemens Mobility ITS
About the role
As Head of Training Services, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of a wide range of product and skills training across the UK and potentially internationally. You will oversee the competence, assessment and verification functions and manage the entry level talent support. You will develop and implement the strategy needed to ensure Training Services meets its current and future customer requirements. You will drive training forward utilising technology and modern training techniques.
Areas of responsibility and tasks
· Be responsible for the Health & Safety and competence of the training team in line with the company commitment to Zero Harm. Understand and interact with the H&S function by supporting audits and investigations as aligned to your role. Ensure the onward communication of H&S topics to your team and champion safe working practices.
· Ensure that training courses are planned and completed in accordance with the required standards whilst meeting all legal responsibilities and ensuring adequate processes are in place to facilitate this. Ensure courses are aligned to competency requirements and relevant policies/procedures.
· Identify technical/safety critical and operational training requirements and ensure agreed KPIs are captured and reviewed.
· Implement arrangements for updating training provision, enhancement and sharing of best practice.
· Drive the training function forward using technology and modern training techniques, ensuring that the training function is appropriately resourced and skilled to accommodate the current and future levels of business whilst maintaining a balanced training offering.
· To manage every aspect of an effective and motivated training team (such as role requirements, recruitment and team welfare). Ensure all trainers are developed to the required standard of training qualifications and experience.
· Competence, Assessment & Verification. Manage Completion of technical assessments and help define the training required for the route to competency.
· To manage an NVQ centre responsible for delivering competency based assessments.
· Work with departmental heads to determine future entry level talent requirements and engagement with Business Impact Projects.
· To manage the coordination of Entry Level Talent activities for the ITS business.
· Plan and manage training demand across the business and related customer base.
· To manage budgetary control over the delivery of training
· To manage project financial aspects and ensure correct utilisation of employees is maintained.
· To represent Training Services at customer events both on a one-to-one basis and in a presenting role to stakeholder groups.
· Manage training enquiries and bids, including preparation of quality and financial submissions.
· Advise and consult on relevant training considerations, feed into technical training project plans and provide support with the creation of new business.
· Liaise with external Awarding Bodies to meet company needs and feedback related information to the business as appropriate.
· What do you need to qualify for this job?
· HNC/HND qualified (or equivalent)
· A strong focus on stakeholder engagement, networking and customer service
· You will have the ability to write and review technical documents, such as bids
· Excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with customers at all levels
· Excellent communication skills and strong influencing skills
· Excellent time management
· Experience of the National Highways Sector Scheme (preferred)
· Management of a NVQ centre (preferred)
· Experience in an industry with high levels of regulation and compliance (preferred)
· Someone with leadership and people management experience (preferred)
· Training role in an engineering function of a highway / traffic / rail organisation (preferred)
· A teaching qualification or equivalent knowledge (preferred)
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time