Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 380 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
Join our team that is passionate about fire safety to create perfect places that are not only productive and comfortable but also safe. You will be the entrepreneur for the strategically important OEM business of Fire Safety, provide strategic guidance for growth and ensure operational execution and optimization. This role includes strategic and operational product management of third-party fire safety products and systems used in in commercial and industrial applications.
The Global Product Manager Special Detection & OEM is part of our Global Fire Safety Team based in Zug, Switzerland. You will have plenty of stakeholder contact with internal and external stakeholders around the world.. This is an opportunity to join an exciting global environment, in a position where the future job owner will have significant impact on the success of Siemens Building Products, providing “best in class” products and systems.
· Be responsible for the complete Product Lifecycle Management of our fire detection portfolio, including pricing, cost development, forecasting, obsolescence, etc. until phase-out
· Market analysis and competitor benchmarking including direct customers’ interviews. Engage with key stakeholders to identify needs and opportunities in the different markets and channels
· Support our key regional countries on product related topics Conduct Strategy proposal and business case elaboration for OEM products.
· Implementation of OEM strategy for Fire Safety, including the go-to-market strategy on a global level in line with timelines and resources
· Coordinating all related functions and topics (strategy, procurement, project management, logistic, and legal) to negotiate with 3rd party companies and transforming suppliers into strategic partners
· Negotiation with 3rd party companies and transformation of suppliers into strategic partners
· Join forces with our agile development teams to realize our vision, from ideation to implementation. Coordinate all related topics (strategy, procurement, project management, logistic, and legal matter.
· Empowe and enable project teams by initiating relationships, advancing development work and product launches
· Analyze and learn from experience, establish best practices to improve current and future introductions.
Your knowledge and soft skills
· Bachelor or Master’s degree in engineering or business with technical affinity. We are looking for a person with a deep technical understanding, shortening the ramp up time and guaranteeing a quick grasp of our topics
· 3+ years of product management or similar experience with focus on OEM partnerships, ideally in an international B2B business environment and/or experience in the fire safety industry. You bring along some experience, without being too senior
· A strong asset would be domain knowledge from the Fire Safety industry. If you worked in a comparable environment before, this helps to shorten the ramp up time
· A structured mindset with a good natural understanding of setting priorities and taking ownership. You are result-driven and self-starter mindset with stamina
· Excellent rhetorical skills and the ability to discuss and convince stakeholders across all levels and various cultural backgrounds. Promoting ideas and products comes easy for you, to transform the ground work into a buy-in from our management
· Comfortable with ambiguity dealing well with shaping direction in a new area with limited guidance. Your strong communication and business acumen helps you to grow your network
· Fluency in English is a must. German or any other language is a plus
Please mind that a work eligibility for Switzerland is strongly preferred, as we have to adhere to Swiss Migration laws.
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Video Siemens in Zug
Homepage Siemens as an employer
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en . We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time