Siemens Digital Industries Software is looking for a hardworking Web Application Developer to be part of the team building the next generation web experiences for our external customers.
In this role you will help build the platform for delivering enterprise content through our most prominent .com sites. You will demonstrate the latest headless CMS, GraphQL, and static site generation technologies to provide an end-to-end publishing, delivery, measurement, and reporting platform for the Siemens Digital Industries Software division.
You will be involved in all aspects of delivery including developing infrastructure as code through CloudFormation scripts, implementing automated builds and CI/CD, developing automation test scripts, writing API micro services using NodeJS and ExpressJS and demonstrating AWS serverless architecture. You will work in the newest technologies to deliver a premiere web CMS platform including adoption of the JAM stack.
You will work in an open workspace collaborative environment as part of a larger Digital Experiences team responsible for delivering customer facing applications. You will have the ability to immediately make an impact as part of a team delivering high visibility and high traffic web applications.
You will be expected to give ideas, concepts, standard methodologies, code reviews, and code development to deliver on tight timelines in a fast-paced enterprise application development environment. You should be able to adopt developing software for performance, scale, quality, security, and lowest cost.
As Web Application Developer, you will be responsible for configuring runtime environment including deployment and scripting. Responsibilities also include build and deployment via setting up CI/CD pipelines with tools like AWS CodeBuild and CodePipeline. You will be responsible for code development using Git workflow. Code projects include enterprise UX application built on React, GraphQL, analytics services, serverless AWS Lambda and Kinesis, and use of AWS Elasticsearch. You should have a solid grasp on building secure web applications.
· Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for products (both internal and external) with focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving high quality and timely delivery.
· Responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanism.
· Ability to understand sophisticated products, solutions, and problems.
· Creates, documents, and executes software designs which may involve complicated workflows or multiple product areas.
· Technical lead of one or more projects within one area of a product. Provides input to the technical direction for one area of a product.
· Occasionally consults with customers in regard to future upgrades and products. l Able to tackle sophisticated technical problems.
· Provides niche expertise within multiple systems, software disciplines, as well as general knowledge of related disciplines, applications implications, and customer areas.
· Works with minimal direction on complex projects with wide latitude for independent judgment. l Highly skilled with extensive proficiency and technical expertise.
· Develop code managed infrastructure through deployment scripts such as Cloudformation, Chef, Puppet
· Write APM tests for continuous monitoring and alerting using AWS Cloudwatch
· Implement new customer facing features and applications in ReactJS
· Work with creative designers to implement click-through prototypes
· Develop supporting APIs using ExpressJS, NodeJS, AWS Lambda, Kinesis, AWS SAM, GraphQL
· Develop unit tests including use of Mocha, Jest, Chai
· Develop in Git workflow participating in code peer reviews
· Implement build and deployment scripts including setting up CI/CD pipelines
· Develop to 12-factor application guidelines including developing for performance optimization and scale Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Web application development using MVC design pattern
· API development
· Main responsibility is code development, agile methodology, team environment
· Proven problem solving and debugging skills
· Ability to interpret ambiguous business requirements
· Knowledge of SDLC, serverless architecture, design patterns, building 12-factor applications
· Experience with agile methodologies and Git workflow
· Must have advanced English skills
· Position will be based in Mexico and can work remotely Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Front-end web application development
· API development using NodeJS / ExpressJS, GraphQL
· Contributor to open source projects
· AWS or cloud experience
· AWS serverless application model (SAM)
· AWS certification developer or architect
· Enterprise application development in a team environment
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time