We are recruiting for a Fleet Performance Engineer to join our Rolling Stock business based in Three Bridges Traincare facility in Crawley. In this role you will be responsible for the development of performance indicators to monitor the allocated fleet within Siemens Mobility, analysing all the information available, determine route cause failure, identify opportunities for improving the reliability and performance of the designated fleet; maximize fleet performance and reliability.
What are your responsibilities?
· Ownership of Fleet Performance
· Analyse impact of engineering improvement initiatives on fleet performance
· Regularly monitor train defects and failures in traffic and liaise with the customer
· Daily liaison with customer and internal stakeholders
· Investigate all in-service delays and casualties for the fleet(s) attributed to Siemens
· Work with internal departments and external suppliers in identifying root cause failures for defect systems and components
· Produce detailed reports, tracking and forecasting the performance of the fleet
· Monitor reliability trends in the fleet performance and develop improvement plans and proposals based upon root cause analysis and forecasted improvements
· Plan short / medium / long term actions to improve fleet performance
· Undertake any technical investigations as required by the Performance Manager and devise solutions to arising problems identified
· Regular dialogue and meetings with the customer to attribute performance in accordance with the contract
· Attend off-depot meetings to support technical Investigations and resolution
· Work with all Siemens departments, where required, to support the delivery of the contract
· Deputise for line manager when needed
· Identify further opportunities to improve reliability and reduce life cycle costs of the fleet
· Provide mentoring to team members
What do you need to qualify for the role?
· Qualified to HNC or degree standard, or relevant equivalent experience
· Experience in a customer facing environment
· Expert knowledge of IT systems and applications including spreadsheets, Macros in excel and other databases
· Ability to produce detailed analytical technical reports
· Good communication skills both oral and written
· In depth experience in either rolling stock design, commissioning, maintenance, or operational environments
· Engineering experience in the Rolling Stock sector
· Experience of train borne IT and knowledge of train control systems
· Contract management experience
· Experience of using continual improvement frameworks and developing and monitoring key performance indicators
· Understanding of Rail Attribution Systems (e.g. the Delay Attribution Guide, the Twenty Point Plan, Trust, Bugle)
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time