The Technical Support Engineer provides engineering advice to the Amtrak maintenance workforce to enhance equipment reliability of the Siemens ACS-64 electric locomotive fleet. This includes advice on routine maintenance, restoration, resolution to equipment failures, semi-complex equipment installation, modifications, and repairs.
- Maintain compliance to all applicable safety rules, laws, and regulations
- Always ensure highest quality standards are met in accordance with Siemens Rail Systems
- In the absence of Stores Keeper Controllers, perform Material transactions to support the fleet as needed
- Foster a work environment that drives a safety first zero harm culture (ZHC) and speak up when necessary as a stakeholder for shop and site safety for yourself and your coworkers
- Assist with running maintenance on a fleet of locomotives, maintenance instructions from
Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Assist with unscheduled repairs on locomotives including Mechanical repairs, Electrical repairs, highly complex technical and troubleshooting repairs on locomotives
- Follow all maintenance instructions (wherever available) to adhere to and maintain compliance and high-quality standards
- Develop a working relationship with the Customer as an employee and representative of
- Verify that all defects, tasks, and /or incidents have been reported and documented in (CMMS) for compliance, issue tracking, and closure
- Provide first line technical assistance to operations staff for troubleshooting and repair of
-Interact with the leadership as needed on all site issues, systems, and related facility operations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience working in an industrial or maintenance environment related to
- Must demonstrate an appreciation of mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Candidates with a background in rolling stock maintenance and commissioning or another rail related experience will be preferred.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .