Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as an Electrical Engineering Intern .
Siemens Molecular Imaging has an exceptional opportunity for an Electrical Engineering Intern in our Knoxville TN office. The successful candidate will join our hardware development team in the design, production and support of PET (Positron Emission Tomography) gamma-ray imaging systems with involvement in a variety of new design and sustaining projects.
The Electrical Engineering Intern position is an entry-level technical position intended to provide the intern with industry experience, a familiarity with Siemens, and enable Siemens to obtain an in-depth evaluation of potential future staff members. The position is usually filled by Electrical/Computer Engineering students in the last two years of their undergraduate program.
An electrical engineering intern may be assigned a wide range of duties depending on the specific background of the individual. Assignments are performed under the close supervision of a senior member of the engineering staff.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As an Electrical Engineering Intern, you will be responsible for :
· Development of low complexity PC Board assemblies and test fixtures.
· Development of test firmware/scripts for automated testing of assemblies.
· Development of engineering tools, databases, websites and hardware infrastructure needed to support the engineering environment.
· Integration testing of new hardware/software releases with thorough documentation of test results and written report summary.
· Creation of defect reports in TFS defect tracking system and verification of fixes.
· Complaint and field return analysis.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Self-motivated individual with good oral and written English communication skills.
· Minimum of two years of college majoring in Electrical/Computer Engineering at an accredited college or university.
· Education focus in the following areas: signal processing, analog or digital circuit design.
· Working knowledge and use of computer system hardware, operating systems, application software, drivers and peripherals.
· Experience in Microsoft Office products.
· U.S. permanent work authorization required (no Visa sponsorship for this position).
· Selected candidate is expected to work full time with flexibility to attend critical courses as needed.
· Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 or higher.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Familiarity with engineering tools and test equipment is considered a plus.
· Programming ability for test automation, experience with databases is a plus.
· Experience with FPGA hardware and programming in VHDL is an asset.
· Experience in medical device development or a regulated industry is desirable.
Start Date: May 2021; 6-8 month duration.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about .
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .