Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of Education? Join our Intern Development Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your year in industry with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future.
Siemens is offering an exciting opportunity for a student to join our Social Innovation team on a 12 month internship supporting the Schools and Education function. Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology Services Company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years; we provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges.
Embark on your 12-month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic intern development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in Education.
Here is a taste of what you can expect from this internship:
· Assist the Schools Education and Sustainability Managers in day to day activities including monthly analysis reporting.
· Support our education portal siemens.co.uk/education both in promotion and content and co-ordinate and support CSR, school and college engagement activities & communicate with key stakeholders
· Support all education related event management for both large (eg:Big Bang) and small events (e.g. local STEM activities in schools)
· Work with Marketing and Communications Manager to support maintenance of our education branding, website updates and social media presence. Creating U-tube style videos that support educational activity.
· Support the development of social innovation projects as well as ensuring PO payments are processed on time to our suppliers.
· Contribute to consistent talent management programmes and work experience programme and support Entry Level Talent Acquisition project activities and communication plans
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
· Studying towards (or completed) a 2:2 or above in a Sustainability, IT, Business, Teaching/Education, Digital Marketing or Media and communications related degree.
· You will have a strong interest in creating and delivering teaching resources, (including videos) and be able to analyse information that helps Siemens work towards improving our digital business processes and communication.
· You will have strong presentation skills and be confident delivering activities in schools.
· Experienced using Microsoft Excel and Word
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the intern development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/interns) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Education. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a competitive salary of £17,908. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Human Resources
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time