Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for a Design Engineer for our Rail Infrastructure business in Manchester.
Reporting to the Lead Design Engineer the Design Engineer will direct and support activities to achieve the safe implementation of signalling projects to the customer’s specifications and timescales agreed. Production Check that the quality of output from the section is to the required standards and that target dates are achieved.
What are my responsibilities?
· Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of design work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved
· Safety responsibility in terms of Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures
· Make sure that correct standards and signalling principles are used and correct design processes are followed
· Ensure you have read and been briefed on a task and ask appropriate questions to ensure you fully understand what is expected of you
· Ensure that your design meets the requirements of the project remit, Scheme Plan, Project Spec & Design Spec. To the best of your ability identify any items of work that are potentially additional to your task remit and time allocation
· Ensure when you delegate tasks to other designers, they are briefed in a clear and consistent manner in order to provide effective production of design. Ensure you provide them with adequate technical guidance to complete the tasks
· Ensure delivery of detailed design to budget, timescales and quality in accordance with Client requirements.
· Provide weekly feedback on delivery and budget
· Demonstrate you have planned out your work tasks to meet the delivery dates
· Ensure the design you produce is 100% production checked
· Carry out Risk based checking on design produced by others (design drafted or partly produced by others). Any assumptions made are brought to the attention of the checker by use of the Design log.
· Ensure all decisions, clarifications of the remit or relevant standards are brought to the attention of the CRE using the Design Log
· Ensure all information you have used or relied upon or calculations are handed over to the checker with the Independent checking set
· Take all opportunities to mentor junior staff
· Ensure all project documentation you are responsible for is filed and organised so it is easy for others to find
· Keep up to date relevant sections of your IRSE CPD folder and your ATW, CV
· Carry out more principles design tasks to gain experience towards obtaining an IRSE Signalling Principles Design Licence
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· ONC/OND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (essential)
· Previous experience in Railway Signalling Systems (essential)
· IRSE Designer License 1.1.510 (essential)
· IRSE Principle Designer License 1.1.550 (working towards)
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time