Are you a forward-thinking undergraduate keen to apply your skills in an innovative environment where you are encouraged to act like an entrepreneur? Join our Intern Development Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your year in industry with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future.
The Digital Industries business develops and supports engineering solutions to our customers to automate industrial processes in industries such as Utilities, Food and Beverage, Automotive, Aerospace, Conveying to name a few.
Our products and services are helping customers deliver increasingly innovative products, in a batch size of one, to their customers at the same quality, cost and delivery of a mass produced product, while continually reducing the carbon footprint and environmental impact of Industry on our planet.
We have a role for people passionate about Engineering and Digital Technology to work with our Customers Services team at the Siemens Digital Industries business in Manchester. The role is to develop a new digital system used to coordinate our Customer Field Service Teams and to manage critical business processes.
Here is a taste of what you can expect:
· You will collaborate with internal teams to understand their current processes, where potential improvements could be made and help improve efficiency within the team.
· Develop communication plans and training materials to help the team understand the changes that will arise as the new improvements are integrated.
· Demonstrate how the integration of improvements will deliver a return on investment for the Siemens business.
· You will learn from system experts from across the globe to assist with cleansing current data.
· Work alongside Manchester colleagues to continue with testing whilst trying to align the new system to current processes.
· Regularly communicate project progress to people at all levels of the organisation.
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
· Studying towards a 2:2 or above in a Data Analytics related degree discipline
· Brings new thinking and takes initiative
· You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
· Happy being self-managed and empowered to deliver excellent results.
· You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
· Have an open nature, ready to embrace ideas and feedback from people at all levels of the business.
· You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the intern development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/interns) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for hardworking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company!
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £18,670. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your package to suit your individual needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time